Going it alone?

Go for it mate, I did last last year and have never looked back. Buying the gear and the truck was hard but I got a 0% for 16k credit card and got enough to get me started. Concentrated on Solar jobs ( gears turned around quick), got insured with NFU for the vehicles far and away the cheapest around.

Also got a free credit checking facility with the Barclays bank which has proved its worth time and time again.

Try to get decent second gear, get decent blokes and pay them a decent wage.Supply them with good ppe and sweat shirts and hi viz gear and look after them. If your blokes look smart people tend to think your going to be a decent company.

I also brough CADS software from day one, it looks good its easy to use and the customers love it.

I have had a lot of luck and a some really good contracts but its been hard. A year on we now have two companies, some really good lads some fantastic clients and have brought and paid for everything we own to the tune of 100k all in.

It can be done but I'm still working until 10.00 pm most nights and have only got 3 days off at Christmas.

I'd still rather risk it all again rather than work for some cock who knows nothing and is never there.

If your seriously thinking about going it on your own your half way there. One other thing that was important to me but others on here will probably dissagree with. If you can do it on your own ,do it on your own. Don't get a partner or partners, it always ends in tears somewhere along the line.

I'm still working until 10.00 pm most nights on here as part of a double act with phil181

Thinking about just going for it in new year starting up on me own an just going for it an really putting myself out there i have a few contacts in roofing game that always throw work my way peed off grafting my nuts off for other people lol

all the best,hope it works out for you.

Hope It Works For You Redsky, It Takes Balls To Even Think About Going On Your Own In This Depression, Good On You.

Top Bottom