Ginny Wheel

How hard is it to write a Generic lifting plan for a Ginny wheel and just adjust it to suit the job

Piece off pisss really, it's not like were doing complex lifts + it's usually the same operation repeated time & again.
Just got to include the usual, restriction of work area, type of knots & equipment being used (including inspection before use) materials, & general operation ie hand over hand lifting & lowering. Then just add the site address & any perticular bits & bobs, job done.
Make sure you put the bit in about restricting access to the lifting area because the regs state that the man controlling the operation (the numpty at the bottom of the rope) must be clearly marked & where practicable barriered off & in a safe position away from the lift to avoid the risk of a collision with others/site traffic whilst performing his task.
You don't want some smart arsed h&s making life difficult for you. :bigsmile:

Piece off pisss really, it's not like were doing complex lifts + it's usually the same operation repeated time & again.
Just got to include the usual, restriction of work area, type of knots & equipment being used (including inspection before use) materials, & general operation ie hand over hand lifting & lowering. Then just add the site address & any perticular bits & bobs, job done.
Make sure you put the bit in about restricting access to the lifting area because the regs state that the man controlling the operation (the numpty at the bottom of the rope) must be clearly marked & where practicable barriered off & in a safe position away from the lift to avoid the risk of a collision with others/site traffic whilst performing his task.
You don't want some smart arsed h&s making life difficult for you. :bigsmile:

i think it was a retorical question:nuts:

i think it was a retorical question:nuts:

Probably was mate, but I know of a certain head of h&s who in likes to see the man at the bottom inside a double handrailed & gated barrier whenever possible & have actually seen him stop jobs until this is done. :amazed:

Probably was mate, but I know of a certain head of h&s who in likes to see the man at the bottom inside a double handrailed & gated barrier whenever possible & have actually seen him stop jobs until this is done. :amazed:

Fukin elf and safety trying to justify their jobs again...

The 250KG SWL is for when "Benny Flynn " is roping up ladder beams ;)

He dont use a Ginney Wheel and Rope to pull stuff up...

He uses Razor Wire throws it over a sticking out tube and ties the wire around his Testicles, runs at full speed (apparently 220 mph) away from the Scaffold, until the Beams fly up! :eek:

Thats what he dont me anyway, just after throwing up a Bag of 65 Gravloks, to his mate 21 lifts up onto the top lift of the Scaffold. :D

He dont use a Ginney Wheel and Rope to pull stuff up...

He uses Razor Wire throws it over a sticking out tube and ties the wire around his Testicles, runs at full speed (apparently 220 mph) away from the Scaffold, until the Beams fly up! :eek:

Thats what he dont me anyway, just after throwing up a Bag of 65 Gravloks, to his mate 21 lifts up onto the top lift of the Scaffold. :D

I thought he just stared at them & puffed his chest out till they run away & did as they were told. That's the power of that man, even 21" ladder beams wilt under him. :eek:

[hello]

Hi All,

I am new in this Forum, i am working as EH&S advisor at bechtel Corporation hopefully we can share eachother regarding this scaff.

Rgds,

Andi Ferdinand

welcome ferdinad
all good stuff on here but a thick skin is required and a very dry sense of humour is an advantage.Lots of knowledge available free of charge;)

Im not sharing the ginny wheel with anyone. Its all yours ferdinand.:rolleyes:

welcome ferdinad
all good stuff on here but a thick skin is required and a very dry sense of humour is an advantage.Lots of knowledge available free of charge;)
Hi, thanks mate.

some querries in mind regarding gin wheel, what is the max standard to hoist by gin wheel,
it is indicated on WLL marked on gin wheel or any other consideration/scaff standard.

Rgds

Hi, thanks mate.

some querries in mind regarding gin wheel, what is the max standard to hoist by gin wheel,
it is indicated on WLL marked on gin wheel or any other consideration/scaff standard.

Rgds

what ever the man at the bottom can pull up usally suits

Hi, thanks mate.

Rgds

The SWL (Safe Working Load) must be clearly marked on the gin wheel. Should be tested to four times that i.e 1,000 kgs. Generally 50kg is the maximum when used for scaffolding although I worked on one project where they limited it to 25 kg.

Top Bottom