Food Production.

You wouldn't want to see them, no David Beckham I can assure you.

AOM 80% of our work is clean environment work. We are working at KP at the moment and they insist on new scaffold with no paint, new fittings , no paint , plastic boards or shrouded boards. All lads to wear blue disposable overalls, clean boots. You can wrap the boards with polythene tubing it costs about £25 for around 100m, comes from a company called "Rolythene" I believe. Let me know if you need anything else. We have PURA risk books just for working in food product areas. You wont be able to staple boards in a food product area, you'll have to use metal detectable tape to seal them off.

Try this lot aom , pretty good service.
http://www.polybags.co.uk/shop/standard-layflat-tubing-7-15-wide_c1015.htm

Last edited:
Got to be honest Russ, I obviously need everything you have. The contractor wants me to come up with a scheme and the client is dragging his heels with any specification. This is a job forced on them by the supermarkets so I think they fancy flying under the radar to keep the costs low, I fancy getting a bit more info before it ends up a headache.

Got to be honest Russ, I obviously need everything you have. The contractor wants me to come up with a scheme and the client is dragging his heels with any specification. This is a job forced on them by the supermarkets so I think they fancy flying under the radar to keep the costs low, I fancy getting a bit more info before it ends up a headache.
What usually happens four times a year is the big supermarkets send their food hygiene people to inspect where the product is produced. The producers then have until the next inspection to sort things out or they are off the supply list.

The job will probably have to be done out of hours or during a shut down or at night. So you need to allow for all the extra hours. If you bring materials in you have to be aware of any contamination issues i.e. nuts or dirt in tubes etc. Scaffold will have to be covered in plastic sheeting to protect the product below, usual stuff really mate except the product is king in food plants, remember if you f*ck up and production stops it can cost you loads. Also remember when striking to sign off the finished areas with the resident engineers or cleaning crew and record it. If you don't and the product is contaminated in some way they will always blame the contractors, we fill in "intrusive maintenance forms" if its a messy job, just covers our asses. PM me if you need anything mate.

Were the same as danger al. We do a lot of work in heinekin and lucozade, and every thing must be new and unpainted. All the kit is jet washed prior to use and we plastic boards, which is then covered in ram board ( a heavy duty non scuff cardboard ). We then monoflex the inside of the job up to 2mts and tape all joints are covered with watetproof tape, and the client is responsible for cleaning the scaffold before dismantling.
It can be a load of hassel, especially round all the pipes and lighting but we charge a good price for it i believe.

The price is going up in my head with each passing hour.

Top Bottom