first red card

timthumb

Reaction score
supervising in an unsafe manner .................

a great disappointment to me after 30 years scaffolding without a problem AND very embarrassing as im coordinating the health and safety of the small firm i work for

this industry is losing its way
method statements saying " standard is put on baseplate " required or dont pass the tick sheet .....

its made me even more bitter and twisted

Sounds like a total nightmare Tim. I think they call it a learning curve.:(

Wait Til hswt and scaffy find out ...... Still best to move on " the customer is always right " as we well know

I didn't know it was possible to supervise in an unsafe manner. Do you mind explaining what went on?

I take it there will be other sites?

supervising in an unsafe manner .................

a great disappointment to me after 30 years scaffolding without a problem AND very embarrassing as im coordinating the health and safety of the small firm i work for

this industry is losing its way
method statements saying " standard is put on baseplate " required or dont pass the tick sheet .....

its made me even more bitter and twisted

just dont tick it on a hanger timthumb:laugh: losing its way yes mate every day wonder what its gana be like in 5 years time:nuts:

Once had a scaffolder come back from hunting gear for a hanger with base plates.:eek: Plenty of thick c@nts out there regardless of position held.

Dont worry Tin it aint hard to get a red card these days mate , that is not a true refection of a mans ability in my eyes , i almost got one last year from the safety officer on site but managed to plead my case and got it down to a warning , funny thing is the safety officer has asked me if i could start a young friend of his who has just started in the game and is getting a rough time on the firm he is on , that will be interesting for us when he starts ;)

tim surely kier havent red carded you - for me own sake i would have argued the toss and banged him out

this is why i dont work for ***** houses like kier , willmot dixon and the like !!!

Anyway how did you get on with the denne brighton tender ,

@scaffy don't be naughty as I expect you must already know
@ flinty it doesn't matter so much what happened I felt it is easy if you want to red card someone when for example you do something everyday for a week eg h/r base lift without scaff step nothing said on fri " red card you know the rules " @ phillosmsximus thanks
Only HSWT left

tim surely kier havent red carded you - for me own sake i would have argued the toss and banged him out

this is why i dont work for ***** houses like kier , willmot dixon and the like !!!

Anyway how did you get on with the denne brighton tender ,

will mot mot mot dont much for them we currently have there work and there a oain in the arse the lads recon its there saftey fell that tag the jobs and check every fitting is tight ahah every job we have done for then has been pulled the advanced scaff putting them up and there getting ripped to bits but needless to say ad done towerr and stack and was first of the 20 30 jobs weve done so far that you will only be going back to strip ahahahah
as a hole are will mot mot mot knobs

so that must meen you guys priced at your usual 50% discount rates then ???185k i priced that at , i knew that you would get it ha ha , good old gemma

so that must meen you guys priced at your usual 50% discount rates then ???185k i priced that at , i knew that you would get it ha ha , good old gemma

you priced the work in cumbria for them ?? i have no idea of the price but as usuall there making fek all on it lol

strange heard that arthur had retired and horsham had closed

im afraid so .....it seems if the agent doesnt get on with you its an easy out to get rid we had another example of bombing all of 6ft when that had been like that the whole job ....red card again
a hard job made harder really and i don't know that anyone knows why other than all the bits of paper signed mean less and less direct responsibility for the pc just more and more on the site fore mans with their coloured hats

strange heard that arthur had retired and horsham had closed

D+R are closing the Horsham branch due to heavy losses and a bit of internal skulduggery (say no more) however they will still be servicing the area, with keen pricing, from other depots.

Top Bottom