Finally arrived in Oz this morning :-)1

is there many scaffoldin jobs out there havespannerswilltravel or not mate, do they take ladss with out tickets aswell or is it like this contry no ticket= no job!!

No ticket no job. But youngsters only have to pay for the courses to get tickets and qualifications. Thats why you get these highly qualififed but no ability youngsters on the good paying jobs. Plus its so difficult to sack rubbish here. Sounds like UK but more sunshine lol

Nice one Orac,be in Perth on the 22nd think it's something we have to do mate.and they're not lying about the 80mph winds here mate.lookin forward to getting down under and enjoying some proper weather and graft.

I think many more will be heading out over the next couple of years,and good luck to anyone who goes,the lifestyle looks great,and the job just seems to get harder by the year here:noworry:

I cant see why you would wanna stay in Britain if you had the chance to go away?
I love this country... its my home. But it aint half a f.ucking shiit hole now.

I proper jealous tbh, wish i was in Oz. :)

I think many more will be heading out over the next couple of years,and good luck to anyone who goes,the lifestyle looks great,and the job just seems to get harder by the year here:noworry:

Was on my way there 16 years ago then the wife discovered she was going to be a grandma, now i will be fuck1ng stuck here until i die what a ba5tard

must be nice comeing home from work to a sunny hot afternoon take me hat off to anybody that makes the move winter months in this country are so dull and long curtains drawn at 4pm dark when you get up and misrable and cold roll on spring 2012 ave a cold beer and throw a steak on the barbaque for me all best to you aswell digsie the way things going havespannerwilltravel can start a monday club lol!!

Enjoy your new adventure, Orac!! Off to great start with BBQ and sunshine :)

I'm on a fifo at the moment 9 day shut down at Olympic dam mine, works just same as any industrial work in UK, hot though it's 36C today & there are some stupid oz rules for scaffolding, but hey ho I'll be flying back Wednesday morning at 8.30am & touch down in Adelaide at 10am & probably go down to aldinga beach & have a few cold beers :)

Sounds like you made the right move Orac, all the best to you and good luck.

Welcome to aussie son the land of milk and money, you won't regret it, I came for a sticky beak in 1974 and wouldn't be anywhere else, but I'm still a londener, tube and fitting died in the arse about 1985 when sgb and mills got swamped by Waco and Boral with there meccano set, if you go over west Aussie the pilbarra pch is now cape they still youse tube and fitting. Good luck son

I have just seen your latest pic on f@@kbook and seeing as you have put 6 stone on in 3 weeks im worried for ya.PMSL.

Top Bottom