Female Scaffs "fact-fiction"

johnymush

Reaction score
Over the years iv heard there is a couple of female scaffs out there, "theres a few scaffs i have worked with that should be female" but is there any actuall ladys out there that wear a belt and harness and erect and dismantle scaffolds every day as there job?. i no there might be 1 or 2 registerd as scaffs but only on paper.:cheesy::wacko:

I know one but works with some sort of system scaffold and her farther owns the show so maybe not so much of the heavy lifting but can't see any female doing serious street graft. Power station, oil rig all day long.

Worked with Rosa on east London line, great girl, not scared to get stuck in at all, put some of the lads to shame, Fact and she could drink too.

A worked with them two from benchmark hand railers

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Hoolio wasn't it

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Vancouver were you on the olympics

Never seen a woman on the spanner in 16 years seen a femail Brikie but never a scaff I find it hard to believe a woman could do the hardest job in construction scaffolding !!!!

I met one over in Australia,she worked up at the 'Mines' in WA,she was qualified mainly working on shut downs,quite young 25ish,trained as a Large dumper driver too......and ridiculously hot body.I did think she was winding me up at first .I guess some Oz scaffs out there might know her.

A worked with them two from benchmark hand railers

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Hoolio wasn't it

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Vancouver were you on the olympics

Yeah John it was Julio and yes I was on N26 North and N26 South.

frank georges daughter tilbury powerstation

I met a Steeple - Jill if that's the name? on the flare stack on ESSO Fawley. Well high!

There is one on the SGB video SG4 and I did hear a young women was trained at Erith training centre anyone confirm.

There is a place for women in our industry, but on the tools? I don't know.

I would like to hear their views.

I met a Steeple - Jill if that's the name? on the flare stack on ESSO Fawley. Well high!

There is one on the SGB video SG4 and I did hear a young women was trained at Erith training centre anyone confirm.

The only place for women in the scaffolding industry is in the office answering the phone or making tea. Possibly good lookers could be employed to massage any aches and strains that scaffolders may suffer.
Scaffolding is one of the few remaining male bastions. These have gradually been whittled down over the years with the introduction of votes for women, women allowed in pubs, women allowed to go to football matches etc.Let's keep scaffolding for men!!

There was a young woman at Erith about six years ago. I think she was doing her part 2 apprenticeship. My instructor said she was better than most of the lads in her group.

Two women have been trained at Erith one from benchmark and one from Ash scaffolding in Kent.

the woman from the sgb video worked with her brother and dad still going too i think,rosa from bench also have heard of a couple more but these two i have met.

Top Bottom