Fat cat bosses of the union

the labour party was brought about by the trade union movement,so theres no suprise they go hand in hand.
when the lindsay refinery kicked off a couple of years ago we were as union members given the names of mps(labour) who were decidedly quiet on the situation but backed by the union and and voted to withdraw the funding.
i am not a labour supporter as i beleive that as a working british man they really dont care for me or my kind anymore.the condems will never be an option for the same reason.to be honest i dont think there is a party that is for the working british man:mad:
BUT I DO BELEIVE IN THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW LABOUR AS ITS THE ONLY WEAPON WE HAVE:blink1:

Basically going full circle, the Fat Cats nowadays are joined most whole heartedly by The Local Authority Chief Execs and Union Leaders with their 6 figure salaries...The very people who are encouraging public sector workers to strike....Gross Hypocrisy!!

PW although I respect your opinion & views the point is pal that, strikes are only undertaken by the people (not politicians or celebrity's) !!! civilians that vote unanimously in a manor (that reflects a democratic society view..................................................:love:

If the people didn't wana walk they wouldn't have.:toung:

i couldnt have put it better poacher.
as a worker the only way to hit back is to hit the cobbles as we say up in glasgow.
THE FAT CAT BOSSES HAVE A VAST ARRAY OF WEAPONS AT THEIR DISPOSAL,ALL THANKS TO LEGISLATION PASSED BY MAGGIE AND HER BROOD:mad::mad:
NEW LABOUR ARENT ANY BETTER BEFORE ANYONE STARTS ON THAT ONE:blink1:

PW although I respect your opinion & views the point is pal that, strikes are only undertaken by the people (not politicians or celebrity's) !!! civilians that vote unanimously in a manor (that reflects a democratic society view..................................................:love:

If the people didn't wana walk they wouldn't have.:toung:

Thanks for the compliments poacher, thats what our great forum is all about...You too Mucker...

In my view I have no problem with people who want to "Hit the Cobbles" It just really doesnt sit right with me when these public sector workers have mass walk outs because basically they have been told they are going to have to take a FRACTION of the pain that the private sector worker has had to endure and indeed will carry on with in the form of Redundancies, Pension Reform, Salary Decrease's etc.

As I mentioned previously these workers in my view need introducing to the REAL world, I think they would think twice about disputes then, get their jobs done and thank their lucky fcuking stars they still have an opportunity to keep a roof over their heads and bread on the table as many of our fellow workers in the real world are struggling to acheive this.

As a foot note please dont think I'm I'll informed, my Mother has worked in the Public Sector all her career as a Social Worker...Now there IS a hard job...however the things she has told me about the culture and personell within all departments is frankly shocking...And most of these people are on very good packages...Paid for by us!!

Last edited:
Great thread,great debate,good points by all. Dont like fat cat bosses calling the tune,wouldnt object if it was the lower paid workers in the public sector hitting the cobbles.Teachers...... huh..were all teachers a lot of the time..today someoneone will learn something from your experience..for free

the difference is frederik,if your young pupil starts mouthing off you will boot him up the ares and send him back to the yard at the very least.
these poor buggers cant even give them detention without their layabout dad coming down to give the teacher a battering,thats if the youngsters little gang dont stick a blade in the teacher first.
WORTH EVERY PENNY IF YOU ASK ME.
BIT THATS ONLY MY OPINION AND AS YOU SAY ITS A GOOD DEBATE,THANKS TO PW YERSELF AND THE POACHER

After reading the posts in this thread, I'm going to please some of you and p*ss some of you off.

I was a kid when Maggie came to power. All I can really remember is Maggie putting Arthur Scargill in his place. Yes, he may have been right but he was the last in the line of the union leaders that mistakenly thought they could hold the country to ransom. Remember the 70's? British Leyland? Power cuts?
The union hitler's thought they could demand strikes at the drop of a hat. It had to end as all it was doing was harming the country.

Don't get too misty eyed at the idea of unions standing up for the working man. That was a long time ago. Now we have union leaders on 5 to 10 times more money per year than most of their members.

We still have lunatic union leaders even today, look at British Airways. Their staff are paid more than any other airline staff but still the union isn't happy. They are nice and comfy in their ivory towers while they get their members out on the picket lines.

Anyone remember a book from their schooldays called Animal Farm?
All the animals were equal until the pigs decided to be more equal than the rest of them. Ring any bells??

if you were a kid when maggie came to power,can you remember the free milk stopping i do.
the british airways strike was resolved when an over payed trumped up little leprichaun was no longer at the helm of british airways.
i would also like to add that the union members are not sent out to strike they demonstrate their democratic right and vote on it,it takes several stages to reach this point although this is not highlighted in the media.
the cival servants and teachers that have voted with their feet but they havent done it at the drop of a hat,or at the behest of a fat cat union boss;)

Maggie was a first class cow !

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Arthur Scargill was a gobby c u n t as well ;o)

no more shipyards no more steel industry no more coal we are no longer self sufficient GOD help us if we ever have to fight another major war.
the legacy of maggie and her we can buy it cheap and import it because her pals in big business can make fortunes.

Lets be quite frank boys all politicians are fu*king tossers, piss in the same pot, the biggest & most damaging thing that has shafted us the working man & (company owner) is the old European common market that has re-branded as the EU. Can any SF members remember a worse economic climate situation in the past that we are currently experiencing now??? freedom of movement in the EU reinvigeraterd the slave trade where employers abused there right to employ employees that were not protected by any working agreement, & our trade as been exploited by agency's F*ck me i could earn £17 a hour in London 4 years ago, you would be lucky to get £14 now. The only Scaffolders that haven't had a wage decrease is the NACI blue book lads why??????????

Cos the fat cat establishment that some of us pay £10 a month, negotiable with the oil barons & power generation companies to secure a better deal for members...(even tho the barons ply our Rep's with high class hookers, Champers and hard currency) our man always up's the shilling albeit merging your rate / bonus getting your double time downgraded to 1.7........Who shouts for the man on the street with no set agreement???

By the way lads I am 37 so there is probably SF members that can remember worse...??????? (During The WAR, crack uncle Albert ha ha) Point being the rich get richer & the working man pays all his weekly / monthly wage after taxes to Fat Cat utility & Oil barons all fu*king foreign what we did invent and pioneer the previous governments have FLOGGED...& the formally Great Britain aint so great...Over ruled by the Human rights act in Brussels.......Johny foreigner...You can rape murder our women & children and cos your from Africa we wont deport ya cos you might get killed in your own hostile country of origin.

WTF Cider induced rant over........

Last edited:
Recieved a letter yesterday, from my union. Job vacancy available. Union Development officer, CV to be sent to London............starting salary, 24.5 k per annum.

Too put up with all the sh1t, PPE must be body armour, and trained to Riot Police specs.

I am a Union Rep and always will be, irespective, dont get no financial reward, whatsoever.

nice to be able to choose though........Not going to Libya for hols, yemen seems a tad dodgy also, i might choose.........Choice is the optimum word.

well said the poacher a man after my own heart----steady.
yes youve got to laugh scottish power(spanish owned)raise gas prices by 25%next up it will be n-power,e-0n and the rest all foreign owned.
this is all down to maggie and her co-horts,although we are in the quagmire that is the e-u the french or the germans would not let this **** happen
OH THATS RIGHT THEY STILL HAVE STRONG UNIONS AND A SENSE OF LOOKING AFTER YOUR OWN/NATIONAL PRIDE:mad::mad:
WE DONT LOOK AFTER OUR OWN WE LOOK AFTER EVERY OTHER ****,JUST ASK INDIA,PAKISTAN,CHINE WHO WE GIVE AID TO BUT WE CANT LOOK AFTER TAXPAYERS IN THEIR 60S.PEOPLE ARE GROWING TOO OLD MAYBE WE SHOULD DIE IN OUR 50S LIKE THE GOOD OLD TORYS WOULD HAVE :mad::mad:

Nice to see the new Bribe regs coming into force, Corporate hospitality, under the spotlight, see the big brown envelopes dissapper............NOT:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom