Famous sites scaffolded

joebag

Reaction score
I got to Scaffold Tampa Bay Buccaneers Stadium,The Raymond James,New York Yankees Summer training Ground,Legends Field and Ste Gerrards House to name a few lol,didnt get any pics so its probably b ullshit but just wondering what famous peoples or structures,houses blokes have scaffolded and any stories that go with it.I had a **** in the NYY changing room and got a standing ovation from the team when i came out and told security to **** off as in Britain ,i would have shat on the Throne and wiped my arse on a Corgi if i needed to lay a cable!:push:

my claim to fame is worked at the chem plant in holland thats responsible for probably half the e's in britain , the scaffs were the guinea pigs.

also got a standing ovation when standing in queue to clock out in las palmas , every day all the locals , about 12 , would just walk by everyone else and go through , after a week or so , id had enough, stopped the ***** and got an ovation from about 100 people , then it nearly caused a riot, then about 3 or 4 security got paid off , at christmas , so i felt a bit ******

I built a Crash Deck and struck a Tower and some Handrail at Elton Johns house in Windsor a few years ago.

He wasn't there but had about 12 full time staff in/around the property just to maintain it.
Hes got 2 pet donkies in his front garden, which is a big as a small park and one of the only remaining intact 1920's San Francisco Trams in the world in his back garden, which is as big as a small forest... uses them as changing rooms for his 4 full size tennis courts.

He was building a £5 million Art Gallery in his back garden too...

The man has far too much money, imo, lol.

definetly too much , i went to a party years ago at the daughter of a well known businessman , next morning she left us at her house , me and 2 mates were wandering around the grounds when some guy with a suit who was in charge of building works going on , started interrogating us , and i said to him , shut up or i;ll have you and your men thrown out of here , this guy just crumbled , him in his suit being spoken to like **** by a few young guys , it was great , for 1 second i was the man , we actually said to him , do you know who we are , his face was a picture , he apologised

The only memorable one that springs to mind goes back to my time in the UAE the company i was working for got the contract for the scaffolding inside Majid al-futtaims private apartment, now this guy is a serious player in the middle east, virtually Arabic royalty , oh to see how the other half live ..penthouse floor in the Intercontinental hotel, festival city in Dubai. oh and there was some actor of Quadraphenia who's house i stripped in the early 90's .

White Hart Lane, London

Olympic Aquatic Centre, Sydney

Royal Opera House, London

Lloyds Building, London

Royal Courts of Justice, London

Harrods, London

paddy mcGuinness house!

No likey, no litey!

Let the dog see the b.itch!

scaffolded janice from coronation st ,house,in clitheroe.
kens house from coronation st.
one of the writers houses,that write cory.
stripped four towers with kev morris from training 2000,on the millenium stadium,cardiff.

The london eye[everything riverside,for painting]
salisbury cathedral
lenny henry and dawn frenches house[earlstoke]
fiona fullertons house[tidy looking actress]
shaw taylors house[him that used to finish his crime program saying "keep em peeled"
fec it memory not what it was,off to pub.

We built a stage and provided 3000 seat tribune for tribeca film festival here in qatar 2yrs back, got to meet robert de nero briefly, proper miserable tw at. we also do all the decking/facade work etc for all the royal weddings here in qatar, spoke to the Emir and his wife once or twice and they suprised the feck out of me when they started talking about ledgers and transoms lol. the list could go on really as we are the biggest event scaffolding company in qatar and work on 90% of the gigs here. had a pint with James blunt a couple months ago back stage at the inter continental hotel (salt of the earth) and good crack. what a voice

We built a stage and provided 3000 seat tribune for tribeca film festival here in qatar 2yrs back, got to meet robert de nero briefly, proper miserable tw at. we also do all the decking/facade work etc for all the royal weddings here in qatar, spoke to the Emir and his wife once or twice and they suprised the feck out of me when they started talking about ledgers and transoms lol. the list could go on really as we are the biggest event scaffolding company in qatar and work on 90% of the gigs here. had a pint with James blunt a couple months ago back stage at the inter continental hotel (salt of the earth) and good crack. what a voice

I thought a Dubai events company did most of the work for the Tribeca film festival? Theres plenty of photos on their website.
Did a big stage out in Libya for Colonel Ghaddaffis celebrations a couple of years back. Thats one gig that wont be happening again!!!

yes a company called Al laith, but you have to bare in mind there is more than one stage and Al Laith dont do everything. the whole event is spread out across Qatar mate and Al laith have only just entered the market here and are trying to muscle in. I know the guy who does the work and he is a right plank, no background in scaffolding at all, striaght out of the navy. Infact they built a stand for 5000 people and they had no drawing and he couldn't understand what a bracing pattern was, we pulled his job to pieces and but by the grace of god it didn't collapse. But their you go thats chancers for you abit like this guy from Cape.

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Just for your info we also do work in the oil & gas sectors which is our bread and butter not just events, thats something extra, we have 2 divisions.

Good info Qatarscaff. That is one of the problems with the event industry, although providing stages generally involves scaffolding the event companys employ more arty farty types with no construction experience.Surprised they didnt have a drawing as they are partners with Serious stages?
You must work for QPH?

I took the scaffolding down for Stings wedding to Trudy Styler..Met Sting and Trudy before we started and were genuine.
Also..when working at the MOD building in Whitehall, we had some inspection towers in the quadrangles and access to these were through the spines of the building. These spines were long corridors with swinging doors and offices both sides. Once when I was walking through with 5 x 5fts on me shoulder, one of the doors was opened by someone and it was Prince Andrew! He worked there when he was a Naval Officer, used to see him arrive most days.
Could say that not many scaffs have had Royalty open doors for them when scaffolding..but I can!!

Harveys Nichols to replace old sign
twickenham absail event
Les Dennis apartment
wembley stadium old and new
Hanger off top of trelic tower 330ft highest residenctual council flat in europe

worked on the set of monarch of the glen a few years back,good earner and it was cash in hand ;)
richard bryers was waiting in line for his grub when my wee pal nodded to him and did the rhubarb and custard tune---dana na na danana na na
he wasnt too impressed so i never bothered asking for his autograph

st eleanor cross charing cross a few years back. Rochester rail bridge, barnes rail bridge... Also last year erecting mast climbers up the Hilton hotel park lane... That was quite interesting

Top Bottom