extendable transomes

Like the avatar scaffy. Mine is like that 24/7. Any news on the delivery?
Give me a call in the morning.

Nick

scaffy yea that the ones were using mate with the wedge fitting, and yes they are expensive especially when the job gonna be up for 14 months lol... also alot quicker tho

Last edited:
once you start building it, you will soon realise it needs bracing. i'll give you till the 3rd lift at most

I say it would need bracing unless stated otherwise by a competent design engineer, especially at that height. Personally, I wouldnt take the chance.

sorry dave il see if i can find the pic again

Eveready scaffy,is that a battery. Just read jakdans post, without ledger bracing, are you relying on ties to keep standards plumb??How does it work on an independant??

Its only a transom that fits on the ledger. You have to have ledger bracing how are you going to keep the standards upright otherwise. Madness not to include ledger bracing, I would stand well back if you dont put them in, it will look **** as well, none of these transoms can hit the building so you are relying on ties only to bubble the job!!! dont think so!!!

Its only a transom that fits on the ledger. You have to have ledger bracing how are you going to keep the standards upright otherwise. Madness not to include ledger bracing, I would stand well back if you dont put them in, it will look **** as well, none of these transoms can hit the building so you are relying on ties only to bubble the job!!! dont think so!!!

clueless

Alright Steve
It sounds your working with Readylok transoms, if so you can erect to a height of 30 mtrs with no ledger bracing. However, be bloody careful regarding leaving out ledger bracing on T & F absolute no no. This is strongly stipulated in TG20:08 and it is even printed in bold lettering in the document.

we always ledger brace on tube and fitting, every other set of standards on all lifts!!

Top Bottom