extendable transomes

steve198622

Reaction score
do you need to brace ya lift if your using the extendable transomes the job is 20 metres high and my boss says we don't need to brace the lifts, which i think is wrong like, but i may be wrong lol.....

why would you not need to brace your lifts , are they on clips or like ready locks on the standards ?

Its all down to the manufacturers instructions

and not down to the scaffolders to know they should be bracing their scaffolds ? thats whats wrong with this game now

i have never used them before, you just sit them on ya ledgers and hit the fitting till it tight, abit like a kwik stage form really just ya can use them on tube and fitting.. i still think it need to be braced, but he said he been scaffolding longer then i've be alive lol... only second time he used them tho !!

I say yes. Needs bracing.
They're not on clips philli, they are a tube with like a c shaped fitting with a wedge in place of your normal singles

yea that right zotsey mate, i think the boss is doing it wrong like but they say the bosses know best eh lol!!

tell him your going to stand 30m away & watch an old pro at work...then wait to pick up the pieces.

Like Simian said manufacturers data on the transoms should tell you whether but i would also guess may be design by 20m depending on the wind loadings?

if they are being used in conjuction with readylock then i wouldnt brace , i take it you mean the asp transoms with the wedge ??? Or the thiel equivalent in which case you need braces

either way if it got an independant inspection i think they would ask for engineer confirmation that it doesnt need them.

if he is using wedge transoms , he should get readylock to go with them the job flies right up , however pricy combination , them asp transoms bout 10 quid each i think !!!

i have never used them before, you just sit them on ya ledgers and hit the fitting till it tight, abit like a kwik stage form really just ya can use them on tube and fitting.. i still think it need to be braced, but he said he been scaffolding longer then i've be alive lol... only second time he used them tho !!

Quick stage, cuplock, layer, dont you have braces in all of theses, no different to tube and fitting.:wondering:

Job Ive been on recently had same xtendas and fully ledger braced

That the BCM one ?? I recall from photos there was no readylocks in it hence why braces , we have a few hundred both types dont like em to be honest

Indeed scaffy,but the lifts were floor to floor so would have been 9 to 10ft? would this be the reason??? Im not questioning your superior knowledge.

Oh dear hope that was designed !!!
Yes i should imagine so

Top Bottom