Exactly how many Scaffolders are there...?

Alistair

A few pic for yi...

Could you PM me your e-mail address please...I cant find it in my Data Base...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 32
  • bridgeplatform10tmb.jpg
    bridgeplatform10tmb.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 27
  • rope%20access%20man%20pic%20gall_small.jpg
    rope%20access%20man%20pic%20gall_small.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 30
Alistair

I have sent a very Brief Summary Profile on the Bridge Platform System

Any one else fancy a wee butcher ???, just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you the Document...

Cheers Gary, will give it a good look.

Is that near Middlesboro?

Ive worked with countless men from Middlesboro... all have spanners and belts, but i wouldn't exactly call them Scaffolders. ;) :D

You would be better asking how many top of the mill first class scaffolders there are that would bring it down from 27k to around 5k

Many are called scaffolders but few can use the name with pride

well you can only blame managment for that for not putting them with good scaffolders to train them properly the usual crack is to put trainees on the jobs to keep the costs down trainees training trainees

Interserve are starting to get my work now, as well as the Layher company. Heave ho out the door seems to be on the cards.:noworry:

Alistair

A few pic for yi...

Could you PM me your e-mail address please...I cant find it in my Data Base...

Same System was used on the tinsley bridge at the side of meadowhall about 7 yrs ago. very fast to erect and they saved 1000's by not having a full hanger which would have taken twice or 3 times as long to build. haha yes interserve welders was on there aswell.

Alistair

I have sent a very Brief Summary Profile on the Bridge Platform System

Any one else fancy a wee butcher ???, just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you the Document...

Garry the system looks great to me,though i would still be daunted at pricing my 1st one,and the trickiest bit would have to be getting the initial underdeck cables across and tightened?would you use a turfer?and bridges that are not single span,would you not then need a dropper to affix your reciever plates,on either side of the bridge supports?espescially concrete ones,many questions,but i would like to see one go in myself:cool:

Alistair

" Full Containment " are you referring too full containment of the debris and spillages on the decking ?---if so then yes full containment is achieved by the decking over lap---the steel decking is over lapped by 6" this provision seals the decking and aids rigidity of the Structure...

Garry...

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Scaffoldingsafetyservices and Superscaff74

Safespan was indeed installed on the Tinsel Viaduct and Turner Access is the Europe Distributed of Safespan, However, Bridge Platforms is a revised Engineered System which is devised my the original innovator of the Safespan System, Both Companies work out of Buffalo NY and their premises are a mere stones through away from each other.

If I were to compare and contrast the two Systems I would say that the core Engineering Principals are unchanged, however, there is new hardware components introduced by Bridge Platforms which clearly enhances the System both from a Safety and Practical point of view.

Garry...

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Scaffoldingsafetyservices and Superscaff74

Safespan was indeed installed on the Tinsel Viaduct and Turner Access is the Europe Distributed of Safespan, However, Bridge Platforms is a revised Engineered System which is devised my the original innovator of the Safespan System, Both Companies work out of Buffalo NY and their premises are a mere stones through away from each other.

If I were to compare and contrast the two Systems I would say that the core Engineering Principals are unchanged, however, there is new hardware components introduced by Bridge Platforms which clearly enhances the System both from a Safety and Practical point of view.

Garry...

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Bigfish

I was invited to view the Safespan System ( the For Runner to the now Bridge Platforms System ) in situ when it was installed on the White Cart Viaduct ( Glasgow ) and found it to be fit for purpose, sound and stable.

I asked the Turner Access Safespan Manager how they Managed to install the first horizontal cable, I was informed that they used a Bow and arrow to fire a thin tracer line across the river and then haul the thicker cable across---there are many differing types of installing the Wire Cable System prior to Decking one merely selects the appropriate one at the time. As for achieving the desired tension the Horizontals, again there are various methods and as you have already identified. Furthermore, one need not use all of the hardware components within the Bridge Platforms Catalog, a combination of Traditional Tube and Couplers will achieve bespoke anchor points to secure the Horizontal and or Vertical Wire Rope if required, thus, containing the cost of Materials required.

As for the Pricing Regime one would have to cross reference with Bridge Platforms for previous Projects of the similar type and they will be more than glad to collaborate with you.

On the face of it this System may appear New and Alien to our Scaffolding Industry, however, the veterans of this Forum will be no stranger to Wire Rope Suspended Access Systems, indeed, Rope Suspended Access has been used since Ancient Times...

Garry...

Top Bottom