ecitb

It doesn't really matter about your opinion on the ECITB saga Pip. The facts are there CISRS scheme owners, Unite officials crapping on their members etc. etc.

Angola is nice this time of year Pip.

Actually, if you'd bothered reading my response, it had nothing to do with the ECITB.

As for the Unions, it's hardly breaking news that they don't give a toss about their members...

How inconsiderate of them.

Maybe they should have hired Mystic Meg to help trace him to the oil rig in East Africa he was working on at the time...

CISRS said they contacted all the ECITB card holders so did the ECITB.

We know a lot of guys were not contacted at all & there are still some guys out there who do not know.

I have asked for comments on the quoted CV.

The question asked of NASC, CISRS & ECITB was how can you justify scaffolders with experience starting from the bottom & a cost of thousands. Yet they train & put out qualified personnel who cannot tie their own shoe laces!!

This is a forum & I felt this CV was showing what we are trying to say.

Allow experienced workers to enter the scheme at the level they are already qualified at!!!

The CISRS scheme should have more experienced based sections etc etc.

There have been many letters going to & throw to the NASC & CISRS & the HSE on the subject from the SCCR, sorry I did not cc you in Phil. I do work on the spanners 10-12 hours a day (door to door) & then try & keep up with the duties of the SCCR.

The SCCR are trying to work with all parties to enhance what is being done.

I did not start this new thread but felt strongly on the subject I posted.

SQ

True, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Including me.

Nicely ignored, my later post, by the way...

True, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Including me.

Nicely ignored, my later post, by the way...

very true phill make you right. so why do certain threads that up set the n!sc get taken off there a law to there own

Maybe it's just easier to skirt round my questions than face them head-on?

Which questions?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Hurry up Pip I'm waiting to go home.

Oh have you got bored of staring at your lake, or did you just decide that the only way to win a petty argument would be to change threads and try to gang up on me like a little girl?

Losing an argument? Just resort to cheap insults and incoherent ramblings. Actually, you'd fit in well with the SCCR....
I can just see NASC boy ( Phil ) sat in his council flat wanking over the NASC... probably some overweight **** who never put a decent job up in his life..lmfao.. what a ****... By the way... we can do the belts extra fat ******* size.... I met a NASC member who audited us.. he talked a good job, but never slept with a scaffolder.. you like that Philys ?

I to hate to say it but he was supposed to be quite reasonable years ago. And he's said to be a good manager too.

Yep i aint one for sticking up for grown men but phill is a good bloke not a ****** !!! I aint nasc either

I have held all three cards,citb advance,ecitb level 6,cisrs advance,during my thirty odd years in the game,unfortunately the game changed as the years rolled by,but i was informed of the change to cisrs and had the option to take the new advance at advance level,which i duly done,as i could envisage problems later on if i did'nt,having said that i still think it's wrong to alienate guy's who have been proffessional scaffolders all their working lives because the powers to be decide to change the carding system,thus leaving good men unemployable,so the guy's who have only known cisrs,dont get to smug,who's to say it wont all change again!!!

I have held all three cards,citb advance,ecitb level 6,cisrs advance,during my thirty odd years in the game,unfortunately the game changed as the years rolled by,but i was informed of the change to cisrs and had the option to take the new advance at advance level,which i duly done,as i could envisage problems later on if i did'nt,having said that i still think it's wrong to alienate guy's who have been proffessional scaffolders all their working lives because the powers to be decide to change the carding system,thus leaving good men unemployable,so the guy's who have only known cisrs,dont get to smug,who's to say it wont all change again!!!

spoken like a true gent big fish!!! hope it does change:laugh: and hits the smug right in the face like a wet macrel fillet!!! these ecitb tickets were brought out when there was a shortage of scaffolders 25 yrs ago when you could walk into 2 or 3 jobs a day cause the site woz muddy and there woz always something beter round the corner. no chance with the easy cisrs course were ave more scaffolders than dole dossers soon no wonder the rates are 120, 130 a day you were getting that 20 years ago bag a grand 1,500 that woz the norm!!! you only get that now on a 7 day outage and thats with lodge if they wana paye it. so why do 84 hours a week you used to get that for 5 days on most industrial jobs!!! you hear most scaffolders say that outage pays good money yes but add the hours up that you do its cra!

Last edited:
i cant beleive that a guy with the amount of service and experience as was on the cv didint know that the CISRS was coming and that the ECITB card was being replaced.I was a basic CITB scaffolder and had to change over to the CISRS in1998 when i was working in a Rig Yard in Clydebank.
There have been various dead lines regarding the issue.
I do agree that some sort of assessment programe should have mad available so that experienced Scaffolder donot have to shell out the fortunes that are involved;)

i cant beleive that a guy with the amount of service and experience as was on the cv didint know that the CISRS was coming and that the ECITB card was being replaced.I was a basic CITB scaffolder and had to change over to the CISRS in1998 when i was working in a Rig Yard in Clydebank.
There have been various dead lines regarding the issue.
I do agree that some sort of assessment programe should have mad available so that experienced Scaffolder donot have to shell out the fortunes that are involved;)

well glad you got the leter and notification happyhugenoet coz thosands didnt ante gana go over olde ground but most ecitb scaffolders are running jobs or are retired just the odd job now and again causes a problem but hee hoo most are working and getting ecitb deals behind doors but theres always a goodee goodee that wants to stop the party

When I came out to canada I had to do a full time 6 week course ( now 11 weeks ) its a case of " bite the bullet and get it done " bit like the old ECITB card changeover I suppose... some things you just gotta do and no amount of moaning will change anything... I agree its a pain in the arse though... i will say though that the assessed route was a bit ****, no training was given and I know loads of chancers got through it.. the courses in canada are not like the UK, its pass or fail, no fiddling, you have to know whats what on each exam or you fail...

Top Bottom