Drawings for Advanced CISRS Course Inside! Click..............

Never even seen that done let alone try it but might keep it in mind for future problems.

plan brace under the hanger always!

that's the bircham newton way done it since then that was in 1978

and done boards off butts

I thought that a brace was installed as a way of resisting movement in scaffold, and that it was set at the fixed point first and that the scaffold was pushed or pulled into line and held in place by the brace tube.
So I am wondering where the fixed point would be under a hanger ???? Do you install the brace after the scaffold is completed......so that its just there cos it looks good.!
Ive been scaffolding about 25 years and i aint never seen a plan brace under any hanging scaffold design that ive worked from....But then again I am not pretending that I know anything about structual design either...but I do know that if a brace is put in after the frame has been built and nutted up tight then it aint doing a thing

I thought that a brace was installed as a way of resisting movement in scaffold, and that it was set at the fixed point first and that the scaffold was pushed or pulled into line and held in place by the brace tube.
So I am wondering where the fixed point would be under a hanger ???? Do you install the brace after the scaffold is completed......so that its just there cos it looks good.!
Ive been scaffolding about 25 years and i aint never seen a plan brace under any hanging scaffold design that ive worked from....But then again I am not pretending that I know anything about structual design either...but I do know that if a brace is put in after the frame has been built and nutted up tight then it aint doing a thing

Would it not help to reduce lateral movement whilst in use?

He has obviously never worked off shore BF and there are a few tricks the locals can utilise to form a fixed point when doing a hanger but I don't want to confuse him.

By the way, no sign of that dropper drawing, sorry.

He has obviously never worked off shore BF and there are a few tricks the locals can utilise to form a fixed point when doing a hanger but I don't want to confuse him.

By the way, no sign of that dropper drawing, sorry.

Fixed point is at top of a hanger (
or else its not a hanger) on land and off shore. bracing a finished product total waste of time...fixing it at the bottom to steel work is another issue altogether

A million and 1 ways to form a fix point. As far as I know tg20 never really took off in the North sea maybe why creativity is still valued out there.

Top Bottom