Double standards

Yeah great post, might have to read it another couple of times to be honest. How do you work out your initial leg load for calculations and why is only 21% of the single leg load capacity used up by the live load component, and what the hell does that mean exactly?

Whatever you sent me to take a look at the other week had mysteriously disappeared by the time I had a chance to take a look, not sure what it was.

Aom - I didn't send you anything?? Our twitter account got hacked - apparently we do weight loss programmes now also! I think it then sent out viruses to all our contacts?

The live load supported by the single leg is 3.75kN which is 21%of the 18.2kN capacity of the single leg. This means only the remaining 79% is available for the actual self weight of the scaffold. Problem is when the scaffold is fully boarded the self weight racks up really quickly preventing it from going much higher.

Weight loss??:eek: No good to me.:embarrest:

I read your blog again, it's coming together now.

in the TG20 it gives the allowable loads on the standards upto 6m .

is the effective length from the ground to the first lift or is the effective length applicable on every lift in the standards.

Been taking double standards up 20m for the past 2 weeks, with splice on all joints with 3 swivels either side of the join

Gonna read that blog

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Blog was very informative, I actually understood it too

IDH how about one on dynamic wind loadings on free standing sheeted scaffolds?

Excellent thread ....pretty much as i understood it, but nice to see the full explanation in laymans terms....many thx

i know this a different subject - but if you have a sleeve in the middle of a bay and a transom fixed to the ledger then, what is the capacity / SWL at that point on the ledger.
if you then add a splice then what would the capacity be increased by?

i know this a different subject - but if you have a sleeve in the middle of a bay and a transom fixed to the ledger then, what is the capacity / SWL at that point on the ledger.
if you then add a splice then what would the capacity be increased by?

Too many questions OB - don't worry about splices in ledgers as long as they are in different bays (thats not the same for splicing beams however!)

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Been taking double standards up 20m for the past 2 weeks, with splice on all joints with 3 swivels either side of the join

Gonna read that blog

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Blog was very informative, I actually understood it too

IDH how about one on dynamic wind loadings on free standing sheeted scaffolds?

All in good time - we only do about one a month and wind is a funny thing so that'll probably be one of the last.

sorry idh - basically i was asking about the effective - in the table of tg20 it tells you the effective axle loads on standards and the length-

are the lengths applicable to the first lift or the same on every lift ?

OW

Top Bottom