Does this piss you off

scaffman1

Reaction score
Just priced a nice job today, came out at around 21k. Priced it nice and tight, or so I thought. went round to see the developer and he showed me the price of the company that'll be doing the work... £4000:00. Yes four thousand pounds. Couldent pay my chaps to erect half of it for that. I think I'll go for a beer, might feel better then..:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Don't get too despondent scaffman, go enjoy your beer and wait for the almighty calamity that will surely follow on this job. It wont pay the wages but worry about that tomorrow. Don't let the cowboy's get you down.:mad:

Last edited:
I think everyone on here can tell a storey or two in this regard, that seems a big difference though £4000 doesn't buy a lot of steel does it.

Whoever priced that job must have forgotten to eat his corn flakes that morning...lol..

Siht happens eh...

I think I'd be very suspicious of one of you! Thats such a huge difference, surely someone has to see the disparity? And a job being priced at £20k, whoever asked for the quote must be savvy and wonder what they're getting into with such a low comparison quote?

I'll put it like this for you better tax, the netting alone would cost over £2500:00 to supply and fix..

We priced a job in Clapham a few months ago and went in really, really tight at 700K. Awful access and logistics, 200ft high massive splay scaffold with dozens of other items.

Found out yesterday it went for 340K (much to our amusement)

We priced a job in Clapham a few months ago and went in really, really tight at 700K. Awful access and logistics, 200ft high massive splay scaffold with dozens of other items.

No they just priced it off a poor plan and have got the scope and measure MASSIVELY wrong.

thats wots goin down my old firm priced a bridge somewhere 4 650k and a firm done it 4 280k they will do anythin 4 the work

Is that Network Dave? You ever worked with Johnny Rash?

Carnt wait for them all to do a Connaught!,a guy told me he worked at ridiculus prices to save his house,silly man,lost it anyway.
Sit back,the classic busy fool springs to mind.

way of life down here guys losin jobs in hastings to guys doin for a tenner a metre run at min

im working 4 1 in manchester £11.50 a meter mate it dosnt by the gloves hes got 105 men on and hes hiring the gear 2 hes busy like no wonder 4 that money

**** that , we are hireing gear to , but not touchin anything less than 18s plm , never dropped blokes wages through ressesion and rents fuel insurance all gone up mate

job does me swede in at best of time couldnt be dealin with the aggro to work for bad rates , would that firm begin with a c

yes my fellow scaff a big red c mate hes got adv lads on 95 a day i not on that like but thats the crack there how u no mate

done a load of work in greengate a few years ago mate and the mosque in cheetham hill , and that big red c was a major player then , got stitched up by some half ounce of baccy called mo that traded as red ????? construction
Had some good nites up there mate on the piss in spoons ha ha

Last edited:
Top Bottom