dodgy

paul

Reaction score
As a English scaffolder in New Zealand and the English training method is by far better than anything they teach in New Zealand you cant help but notice bad scaffold practise and today is no exception as i was told to go to building site and just finish off what the regular gang did not finish yesterday well i had a quick glance over the scaffold as you do and came to the conclusion that the whole job is crap but the worst thing i had noticed was the use of singles to connect the ledgers to the standards on a brickies scaffold which in some case you could put a double as a check fitting but there was no check fitting in sight . How can these scaffolders go home at night knowing they have left the scaffold in this state .

because they are that badly trained and thick they know no different

because they are that badly trained and thick they know no different

As an English Scaffolder in New Zealand as well, I have to stick up for the trainers we have used for our trainees, they are top class (and infact English) some guys are just lazy and maybe dont know any better, but the guys I have worked with know there stuff. Just dont want the impression to be that Kiwis are all crap scaffolders.

the operatives sadly havent been trained in the superiour english manner of scaffolding lol,hope you rectified their singles???

i worked with a couple of Kiwi scaffolders a few years ago Paul in London and they where good lads from what i seen , i have seen a good few splay scaffolds on singles without checks on big jobs over here mate, with the usual statement "ahh f*** it that will be ok " :amazed:

i know plenty of english guys that rely on that statement

Mate best one we had was asking a labourere to cut a ladder in half and he cut down the middle of the rungs the nob jockey !
seen boards cut with disk cutters ha

hahahahha they do smoke a bit when you use an angle grinder

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

i bought a skill type saw that cuts tubes and boards from leechs last year no sparks or burrs on the tube , no hot work permit either a wicked bit of kit mate

I have lay a board over a kerb and attacked it with a spade end 5 foot to 'cut' it to size. :embarrest:

brandy i have a love hate relationship with traffic wardens , I love to hate them :mad: , i cant believe how stupid they are ,they have no common sense at all , i
found my self in court once after i hit one with a milk crate to try and knock some sense into him :laugh: Camden borough council have got to be the only people in the country that dont recognise Health and Safety as a reason to park near the job i have even written to that CO*K of a Mayor Boris about them but all he cares about is his FU***** cycle lanes , i just put the price of the tickets on the jobs in Camden now and park where we like :D

the half ladders a total classic lol,the milk crate ones a cracker as well keep up the good work lads brill.

Mate best one we had was asking a labourere to cut a ladder in half and he cut down the middle of the rungs the nob jockey !
seen boards cut with disk cutters ha

Ha Ha. Had one lad working near a newly laid concreat floor sent him to the truck for some boards and told him makes sure you walk all the way round the newly set floor. Which he did :) but on his return walked straight over to it. The thick C**T:eek:

As an English Scaffolder in New Zealand as well, I have to stick up for the trainers we have used for our trainees, they are top class (and infact English) some guys are just lazy and maybe dont know any better, but the guys I have worked with know there stuff. Just dont want the impression to be that Kiwis are all crap scaffolders.

Worked with a few Kiwi guys that are good but the problem is the ' dont give a **** attitude ' .

Worked with a few Kiwi guys that are good but the problem is the ' dont give a **** attitude ' .

Yea I agree I can think of some people who fit into that catagory but surely that happens all over the world!

Top Bottom