do you turn a blind eye ?

carl99

Reaction score
I was woken this morning by scaffolders dismantling a scaffold behind my house. The company are a member of NASC. The thing is they clearly had no hi-vis on or harness and no scaff-step or AGR. Clearly not working to SG4( scaffold was not to TG20 any how) companys like this who are a member of NASC are a joke. I did work for this company yrs ago but the standards where quit high then. I admit i did take some snaps but do you turn a blind eye ?????

If its not my job.. who gives a **** ??

I was woken this morning by scaffolders dismantling a scaffold behind my house. The company are a member of NASC. The thing is they clearly had no hi-vis on or harness and no scaff-step or AGR. Clearly not working to SG4( scaffold was not to TG20 any how) companys like this who are a member of NASC are a joke. I did work for this company yrs ago but the standards where quit high then. I admit i did take some snaps but do you turn a blind eye ?????

Name and shame Carl99 name and shame

Of Course, Every One Of Us Who Has Ever Erected Or Stripped A Scaffold Has Done Exactly What You Have Just Described,

You could always go to this companies yard and offer free training for each of their Scaffolders after they finish their Saturday shift.

Im sure they will be VERY happy to stay behind for no extra money and receive some advice from yourself.
It might be an idea to make sure they you finish your training at about 7pm at night, as you wanna be thorough. ;)

Also, as they wont have the time to go down the pub after a hard days work, your also helping to save them money.

:cool:

could be a way to get nasc to react! although i dont think anyone would be thanked for it!

them and the other nasc members !!! if you did all by the book nothing would ever get done:laugh:

Carle99

"clearly had no hi-vis on or harness and no scaff-step or AGR. Clearly not working to SG4( scaffold was not to TG20 any how) companys like this who are a member of NASC"are a joke.

Hi-vis is not an issue,you need only wear Hi Vis when you are working in or near a traffic area.

The other working practices or lack of them take us into the realms of double standards.Companies jump through all the hoops to join a trade organisation, get the decal's and logo's on thier wagons,vans and paper work, then disregard the working practice's of that organisation when it suits thier end's.

Sadly if you do decide to take this matter further, the scaffolding company will say that the lads involved, were not working to thier instructions,and had dis-reguarded the companies H&S policy,and working practices.More than likely they would be dismissed for "gross negligence"

You may get a little further with the construction of the scaffold, as you say you have taken photographs,

I would report the Company to the trade Organisation, for not following the guide lines laid down as a condition of membership

what was they stripping? a scaffolding on a house? a tower? how high was they? and to be fair if thats the only job to strip to earn there bunce for a saturday morning can you blame them?

Turning a blind eye is never the correct solution but neither is running like a wee school boy to the headmaster. Did you not think about speaking to the boys in question before taking covert snaps?

who really cares, did the lads get the job done,have the lads been payed thats what really matters.
as for taking photos come on how sad are you.
things are hard eneough for scaffolders without us all going round sticking each other in,just to have a poke at the nasc

Did'nt realise he took photo's... some kind of perv ???

No high vis.. no scaff step .. ??? must be proper scaffolders then :)

I think you have broken privacy laws , im not sure but if you use those snaps in any kind of action, im sure you need their permission.

I'm going to check that one with our local camera safety partnership (Speed camera van)

well what would be funny,would for you to have an hse hi vis bib on,and start taking pics of them,then go and see if you could get a drink out of them to not report them.:Dline your pockets,not anyone elses.
it might just wake the feckers up to.

It was 3 block at 3 lifts of scaffold, an there company policy is hi-vis all times aswell as harness,boots,hard hat.

What about speaking to the company gaffers then? If you know their policy you must be acquaint.

They have got the contract near me for empty voids, i worked for this company yrs ago, if this carries on then will take it further.

Top Bottom