DISPUTE: Neighbour wont let scaffold overhang is this a solutions?

Hello Mate

You seem to have a good sense of humour.....and that's essential if you are dealing with Scaffolders.:D

Some of us are Nutters..... but you will generally get good advice on the Forum.

ScaffoldersForumTruck.gif

Now you mention it I have heard of a over sail agreement before but never had to get one

It's not usually an issue with small domestic jobs like this; usually goes like this:-

Bob having Building Done: Ello neighbour! I'm having a bit a of work done, is it ok if I nick about this <-----> much of your path? We'll keep it tidy and be done in a jiffy and there'll be a beer in it for you.

Neighbour: Sure mate, no worries. Just as long as my kids aren't going to smack their heads on anything.

And thats it. Job done.

Most of the time oversailing only comes into play when you need to fly over a commercial/retail or listed building and it's done as part of any party wall/boundary agreements.

Maybe we need a Being a Pigheaded and Unreasonable Neighbour Act? :mad:

Totally agree with that and do you know what we are going to do.

We are going round with beer, exotic dancing women, Harrods hampers and all sorts of good things. We have to butter up this guy big time.

Why?

Yes the scaffolding is an "issue". But take a look at those damn 100ft high trees stuck right in front of my house.

Dsc_0020.jpg

See those trees to the left? (there are about 6 of them) they have TREE PRESEVATION ORDERS on them.

See that great big air gap to the right of the photo? Thats in front of his house.

And it is the ONLY place a crane can work in.

When that crane gets to the job site it will oversail his front garden to deliver 3 x 8m steels and all the building materials to the scaffold landing.

If we cant get Victor Mildrew to agree even to have scaffold on the fence line what's our chances of having him agree to an articulated lorry and a crane OUTSIDE HIS HOUSE for a day.

I can already here you lot LAUGHING at me !! :D

Yes I really have my work cut out here boys dont I.....

The plan at the moment is to go and kiss kiss kiss. Whatever that GOD LIKE MAN needs. He is going to get. And if he tells me his wish is to have an hour in bed playing hide the sausage with a real life scaffolder then I am coming back on this forum with my cheque book to find one of you to play ball..

Send him and his wife to Benidorm for a weeks cheap self catering when you employ that crane,be cheaper than employing one of our lot to play hide the sausage:cry:mind you,marra watsons cheap,and I think he participates in that line of work:sick:

We had a job once BF where they did similar ...just sent the neighbours off for a weekend treat to a posh hotel all expenses paid while they had the crane in for 2 days getting everything up & in....worked a treat for them

fdsafsafss.jpg

Just parked outside your house. Enjoy the holiday. See you in a week. :)

What you need to do 365 is take this guy to the pub get him absolutely steaming drunk then pay a local prostitute to give him a blow job video this and " Hey Presto " no more grumpy man living next door ;)

Good news we are working to tight tolernences

So it begins...

The day is 11th July 2013 and work is starting.

scaf27.jpg

scaf3.jpg

They are trying EVERYTHING not to overhang and working to a sweat in the hot summer heat. 3 guys all day. Looking good for neighbourly complaints to be at a ZERO

When no one is looking jump on next doors roof and spin his aerial.

theres always one unhappy neighbour to stir ill feelings.ide wait till job was coming down then knick his lead flashing.

I think the GREEN jealousy monster , springs to mind , shame as you think you know your neighbours till improvements take place , then the green monster rears its ugly head , come across this loads of times , as many as the other scaffs on here , try putting one leg or scaff pole in the neighbours garden and all hell breaks loose , good luck any way

Just smashed someone's window today, had to put a wee note through the door. B*stard. Anyone know any glaziers? :laugh:

He does not have a right to light, a view or own the air above.

You can't drop standards onto his property, but you can build up and then cantilever out at a higher level to get the 3 board width minimum. If you sheet or net the scaffold on that side to keep any lose materials or dust etc away from him.

That's that settled then, cheers Bob.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Welcome to the Forum 365 drills

Your access problems can be solved quite simply by contacting a local scaffold company, they will explain what you can and cannot do as to erecting a scaffold over your neighbours property.

The safe removal of your asbestos header tank will be a lot more expensive, once you start to disconnect the pipework you will create asbestos impregnated dust. Please follow the link

HSE - Asbestos: Asbestos essentials

Before you attempt to remove the header tank. Asbestos is a very dangerous substance and should be handled by trained personnel and disposed of in a prescribed way.

Rigger is by far and away my favourite H&S geek (ahem) I mean expert.
To the big man, please take it in the spirit it was intended. You don't know a good glazier in the Glasgow area, do you? :laugh:

You will never get a glazer in Glasgow, it's marching season, just board it up like everyone else. ;)

Top Bottom