Diary of taking an Appretice/labourer on

Had my lad with me for about two and a half years now and he is a pleasure to work with. I put him on the spanner almost straight away and taught him how to handle the kit and bang it up and down without any bull.never any trouble and now I've bought him a wrench he takes the piss and has me running round after him like a mad man. Then the other week he says I've been looking at you all broken and beat up and I don't wanna end up like that so i'me gonna do a personal fitness instructors course and hopefully make a living on the cruise ships and also get to see the world. I've made him pay for his first years course himself to show me he's dedicated and I will definitely pay for him to get further qualified. I will be sorry to lose him but I can't fault him cos with the way this industry is going...well need I say more...

No you don't. You can't blame the boy but he could be missing out on a good living.

No you don't. You can't blame the boy but he could be missing out on a good living.
You know what brother I'me sgb trained the hard way I've worked the stations the railways days nights 7 days a week,boilers,shutdowns,emergency building collapses owned my own firm for 12 years and to be honest all I've got out of it is a few good holidays a range rover and a drink problem. I'me not saying it ain't been fun but I've worked me guts out for every penny and still do. No money to be had in this game now not with all the suits and clip boards killing us...

'Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink

I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think

about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes

and dreams.If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out

of work and their dreams would be shattered.

Then I sayto myself, 'It is better that I drink this wine and let their

dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'

Glad my diary inspired you!

Good post mate and very familiar, they just don't last.

they dont last??

Glad my diary inspired you!

Good post mate and very familiar, they just don't last.

OK heres the other side of the coin, i am a grafter whos bin in the game for 6 year, laboured fir 4 and kept my mouth shut hopin to get the next step up, got sent for part1 in may 2008 took ill ended up in hospital, no part 1 and the company had went bust while i was "infirmed"

2011 labouring again with harsco (SGB) got picked for part 1 again, two weeks later closed the branch!!! no part 1 no job AGAIN!!!!

with a firm now paid for part 1 myself (takin no chances this time) then the gaffer refunds the money!

any hoo... the moral of the story is i was 26 when i first started labouring, 30 when i got my part 1, maybe there is few "god uns" out there... just cant catch a break??

faaaaaackin laaaav it :blink1:

maybe due a bit of good luck then wayne , but keep going m8 , fund yourself if need be and you will see the rewards eventually

You know what brother I'me sgb trained the hard way I've worked the stations the railways days nights 7 days a week,boilers,shutdowns,emergency building collapses owned my own firm for 12 years and to be honest all I've got out of it is a few good holidays a range rover and a drink problem. I'me not saying it ain't been fun but I've worked me guts out for every penny and still do. No money to be had in this game now not with all the suits and clip boards killing us...

I knew we had a fair bit in common.

I've got a youngster working for me that wants weekends as well:amazed::amazed:(And he grafts)

Nail him down to a contract.:noworry:

cheers guys. I guess it,s like trying to find a diamond in the rough

Top Bottom