debotech holland , marcus lewedon

I worked in Holland in the early nineties and I have to say I loved it . Great beer , nice looking birds and very laid back ( safety was out the window right enough ) . The better half forced me back , the cow:D:D:D

ive worked in holland several times and i have always had top dollar,well it was guilders.working at 40ft or 400 does it matter.
yes the moneys shiit but for a busmans when yer on to nothing in Blighty thats my point.you also have to look at the experience of petrochem work,which is abundant in Holland as opposed to the uk were you will only get there if you know someone.
i have known guys working for less than £11 an hour on pharmaceutical plants in Ayrshire for feck sake,i know were i would rather be ;)

40ft or 400ft , yes happy , it does matter, these guys at blah blah pharmaceutical in ayr , 11ph , thats there problem , they shouldnt take the job ,

anybody even considering this job will need at least £500 to see them get over and live until their first wage ,and the wage isnt much over £400 , so theyre still down £100 , u would not do it happy or HSWT so why encourage others to do it ?:blink:

40ft or 400ft , yes happy , it does matter, these guys at blah blah pharmaceutical in ayr , 11ph , thats there problem , they shouldnt take the job ,

anybody even considering this job will need at least £500 to see them get over and live until their first wage ,and the wage isnt much over £400 , so theyre still down £100 , u would not do it happy or HSWT so why encourage others to do it ?:blink:

Actually I would if I needed the job to feed and care for my family. Better to be earning than sitting on yer arse moaning about not having any.
Why does the height matter? On price years ago you got a bit more the higher you went up but that was to compensate getting the gear up. I spent many years doing hangers in shipyards 300 foot up while others got exactly the same rate for doing little towers in the dock bottom. Didnt complain about it.

£400 a week in another country wont help anyone feed and care for their family , if your referring to me sitting on my arse moaning about not having work , youd be mistaken , im ok .

so u condone guys risking life & limb for 80 quid a day , again , u would not do it. this job should be paying well over £100 a shift

mate thats 80 quid a day after tax? not worked in uk for a while but at a geuss around about 110 before tax

I may be wrong

£400 a week in another country wont help anyone feed and care for their family , if your referring to me sitting on my arse moaning about not having work , youd be mistaken , im ok .

so u condone guys risking life & limb for 80 quid a day , again , u would not do it. this job should be paying well over £100 a shift

+1.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

For a single guy with no responsibilities i would rather be in holland for 400 a week diggs payed than in gb

Off you go then:laugh:

mate thats 80 quid a day after tax? not worked in uk for a while but at a geuss around about 110 before tax

I may be wrong

you'd me making a big mistake to believe any these mobs in holland are going to pay your tax , Scaffdude , doesnt happen:nuts:

if anything they'll tell you to get a sofi - nummer as if theyre paying it in holland , but they still wont

im talking from experience , i wont see a state pension in britain due to my work there, but i wont need it anyhoo , ill be dead by then

Last edited:
Oldscaff im married with a family but if it went tits up with the good lady rotterdam would be my first port of call.
St ledger i know were you are coming from the moneys not the best but franks not saying its great but for a guy trying to get petrochem experience and has been new build street work or whatever its a good way of getting experience he would probably not get in the uk.i know many a guy who couldnt get a start offshore who went to holland got offshore and hey presto rbg,cape and salamis start returning calls.
Most of my career i have worked away and yes i have had to tap money to get by the first 2 weeks but thats the way it is,if you are getting work to pay it back so feck.;)

agree with what your sayin there Happy , my only frustration is these S.hitty agencys payin crap money in order to maximise profits for themselves.

and the old ppe/dodgy digs trick as well , thats pathetic. basically they want people desperate for a job , but also with money to get there.

Last edited:

400 quid would certainly provide for my family. Even 200 would. Referring to people moaning was a general statement not directed at any individual.

Again i would do it. I have done it before and would again.

Oldscaff im married with a family but if it went tits up with the good lady rotterdam would be my first port of call.
St ledger i know were you are coming from the moneys not the best but franks not saying its great but for a guy trying to get petrochem experience and has been new build street work or whatever its a good way of getting experience he would probably not get in the uk.i know many a guy who couldnt get a start offshore who went to holland got offshore and hey presto rbg,cape and salamis start returning calls.
Most of my career i have worked away and yes i have had to tap money to get by the first 2 weeks but thats the way it is,if you are getting work to pay it back so feck.;)

More tapping done by scaffolders in Rotterdam than done by Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in Hollywood.

Come to think of it didnt you tap me for 300 guilders way back happy?

ive worked in holland several times and i have always had top dollar,well it was guilders.working at 40ft or 400 does it matter.
yes the moneys shiit but for a busmans when yer on to nothing in Blighty thats my point.you also have to look at the experience of petrochem work,which is abundant in Holland as opposed to the uk were you will only get there if you know someone.
i have known guys working for less than £11 an hour on pharmaceutical plants in Ayrshire for feck sake,i know were i would rather be ;)
would that be beechams/glaxo happy lol:bigsmile:

Last time i was over in Holland i was with HERTEL and we got an sub off the Site Manager,which back fired on the poor cant because of the 6 only 3 made it in on the Saturday.
I was one of the 3 who turned up before anyone starts.

PIKEY i was reffering to the Roche plant but come to think of it Becchams fits the bill,although it wasnt agency(cis)you got petrol money and your double time so not quite as bad. ;)

m.lewendon.debotech.nl
tel:002673932050 fax:002673932051

tell em to get the wage up m8

Thats news to me mind going all the way to Holland to get a call off the BIG 3???????

Top Bottom