Damaged scaff key for sale? What a bargain...

Hspannerwilltravel

yes---the ratchet handle exceeds the 8 1/2 ", which is the recommended fulcrum length to achieve the BS Torque Value---it is perceived that the extra length will increase the Torque and damage may occur...

Garry...

Key/spanner who cares, their selling damaged goods which is probably illegal and if it isn't it should be. What's next? A lopsided level... Perhaps you use a bubble....

Go buy the 'spanner' turkey, it's a bargain.

whys it dameaged goods then gwilym - please explain???

I try to use my tools as little as possible... When any work needs doing i usually end up in the toilet.
Thats why some Scaffolders call me 'Shiit-house Jay'. :D

Seriously though:
Have you tried to contact Neil @ BuyBrandTools? to ask him what the score is?

Gwliy

Okay Man---thanks for the info on the snide tool...

Were, just shootin the breeze eh...

Try speaking to buybrand and if you still don't get what you want come back and tell us. This will be the first complaint I have heard.

Key/spanner who cares, their selling damaged goods which is probably illegal and if it isn't it should be. What's next? A lopsided level... Perhaps you use a bubble....

Go buy the 'spanner' turkey, it's a bargain.

Not illegal to sell damaged goods and it quite clearly says damaged on the advert.
Maybe the question should be "What idiot would spend 39 quid on a damaged key?"
I have worked for several big name companies who although wouldnt supply damaged tools would be quite prepared to supply sub-standard ones made in China etc.

Last edited:
Gwilym

Thank you for drawing attention to you concerns in what is a valid and very important observation---as Alistair has already said, contact the Dealer and if there is no satisfactory response contact the Forum and we shall en devour to seek answers...

Garry...

Read it now - strange i agree - but at least it lists its damaged

Thats what is great about this forum we all close ranks buy brand tools the forum sponcer .... Not a bad word to say about them lol what happend to this on the job site lads ???

all i can say about these suppliers is good things as i bought a spanner after 6months use the box stretched, so i got in touch with them n the sent me a new 1 straight away. unlucky enough i got a dodgy batch... to be honest i thought i was just that quick i over worked it lol

Next big site i work on, im gonna call my Spanner a 'Scaff Key' and see how long it takes before i get beat up, lol.

i havent heard it called that for a very long time jay, since the mid 80's on GKN - another term lost in the annuals of time from the old school days , but never the less still a valid one lol

all i can say about these suppliers is good things as i bought a spanner after 6months use the box stretched, so i got in touch with them n the sent me a new 1 straight away. unlucky enough i got a dodgy batch... to be honest i thought i was just that quick i over worked it lol

Stretched after 6 months???
Ive had mine 7+ years and its not stretched one little bit.

You must use your 'Key' alot more then i do. :p

Stretched after 6 months???
Ive had mine 7+ years and its not stretched one little bit.

You must use your 'Key' alot more then i do. :p

jay when ya just on the ground ya spanner dont get used much does it.. u will have made up a few puncheons in 7 years tho so won't be too far from a new spanner lol..

True, lol.
There was a rumour going about that my Spanner was actually glued to my belt.

But it was all lies... a few weeks ago i got it out to whack a few nails in - a bit of wood on the back of the lorry. ;)
Defo not glued, just firmly 'placed'.

Top Bottom