D+R scaffolding

I've not worked for them, but we shared the new build on Haggerston Station a few years ago with them and their boys couldn't have been any happier.

Still a family owned company - now headed up by Kevin Mouatt Ex MD of SGB. The company is going through internal changes at the moment to bring it into the 21st centuary. Until recently the management were all 20- 40 years with the company, now most have left. They have their own design team and safety officers. In the past it held on to it's workforce, it is worth keeping an eye on to see how they develop in the future. Like all scaffold companies their profit (and survival) depends on the efficency of their workforce.

Still a family owned company - now headed up by Kevin Mouatt Ex MD of SGB. The company is going through internal changes at the moment to bring it into the 21st centuary. Until recently the management were all 20- 40 years with the company, now most have left. They have their own design team and safety officers. In the past it held on to it's workforce, it is worth keeping an eye on to see how they develop in the future. Like all scaffold companies their profit (and survival) depends on the efficency of their workforce.

Seem to know a bit about D+R. Do you work for them?

Eastern side is going down as Richard (branch manager) wants them gone. Only wants rail side. Eastern have 5 scaffs

"Seem to know a bit about D+R. Do you work for them? "

I worked with them in Eastern office a couple of years ago. The writing was on the wall for the management there at that time.
Personally the offer and conditions I was working under I felt to be draconian and I got out as soon as my personal aims were achieved.
However they are part of our Industry and as such I want to see them continue and prosper as they have provided a good standard up to now.

"Seem to know a bit about D+R. Do you work for them? "

I worked with them in Eastern office a couple of years ago. The writing was on the wall for the management there at that time.
Personally the offer and conditions I was working under I felt to be draconian and I got out as soon as my personal aims were achieved.
However they are part of our Industry and as such I want to see them continue and prosper as they have provided a good standard up to now.

Oh did ya. Well tell me who you are pls....I probably know ya ;-)

D+R southern are quite at the minute they've got there blokes sorting the yard out which isn't good, seeing as when Arthur Parsons run it they had a good continuity of work all year round. So much for Kevin mouatt's restructure of the company and would be surprised to see Eastern depot go with Karl Bourn running it, there all ex SGB brothers!!

D+R southern are quite at the minute they've got there blokes sorting the yard out which isn't good, seeing as when Arthur Parsons run it they had a good continuity of work all year round. So much for Kevin mouatt's restructure of the company and would be surprised to see Eastern depot go with Karl Bourn running it, there all ex SGB brothers!!

Karl never run eastern he was only in charge of labour control. He's moved over to Horsham now (branch manager)

Mouatt is just keeping all dollars in the bank. They ain't putting any money in the firm ATM.

Didn't Karl run SGB in the ground?

I was a supervisor for D&R when kevin mouatt linked eastern and west end together to create D&R north thames. Which only happened due to the fact that eastern or should I say peter white had thousands of pounds of unclaimed money from jobs all over the place which ended in him being removed from the company and richard parkinson ended up in control.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I worked for them for about 1 hour in the late 90s. Got sent to a job to do some bridging over this roof. Different sized unit beams that didn't fit together and not enough doubles. Rang the office and was told "there's another job about half mile away, walk there and ask if they have any spare doubles." I looked at workmate and we both agreed, sod this! Hopefully they're a bit better these days...!

I worked for them for about 1 hour in the late 90s. Got sent to a job to do some bridging over this roof. Different sized unit beams that didn't fit together and not enough doubles. Rang the office and was told "there's another job about half mile away, walk there and ask if they have any spare doubles." I looked at workmate and we both agreed, sod this! Hopefully they're a bit better these days...!

That all sounds to familiar pmsfl

I was a supervisor for D&R when kevin mouatt linked eastern and west end together to create D&R north thames. Which only happened due to the fact that eastern or should I say peter white had thousands of pounds of unclaimed money from jobs all over the place which ended in him being removed from the company and richard parkinson ended up in control.

How could that be Hemper, because Peter had a surveyor working for him who's job it would be to claim and collect all monies due.

Im only going by where management pointed the finger my man and as we all know you'll never know the absolute truth. Think the main reason why peters name was thrown about is purely because rich parkinson and kevin mouett wanted him gone. I know whos job it is to collect but obviously someone wasn't doing there job as the eastern branch were down by £127,000 over many years

For the short time I worked in that office it was obvious kevin wanted rid! The morale of all the other office staff was non existent. Any knowledge where Peter went to?

Not a clue where peter went to mate. Did you ever work with tony etherington being in the office an all, cracking bloke

Not a clue where peter went to mate. Did you ever work with tony etherington being in the office an all, cracking bloke

Only spent 5 months with them as the atmosphere was so opressive in the contracts dept. I left as soon as I had cleared my o/s house mortgage and felt well out of the place. I havent worked since- my choice, although today I have had two companies enquire If I would have a chat with them so I might be pulling on the old steel caps again and leaving home in the cold dead of night.

I had an interview as a supervisor with SGB and that's when I first met Karl born and he said canning town was the best performing depot, funny thing is it was the first one to close?

Top Bottom