Cuploc Scaffolding

If your asking why the Cuplok scaffold you built seemed shakier than a Layher scaffold then its beacuse you built a really tall Cuplok scaffold with no braces and no tie ins. Trust me here in the States we use Cuplok and Layher systems all the time and if you built both scaffold's the same height and width w/ no braces the Cuplok would be solid as feck compared to a Pin-Lock(Layher) scaffold. Has to do with the locking mechanism's of the two material's..........BUT with that being said other than the fact Cuplok is a little bit less shakier without braces than Layher it's CRAP in every other comparible catagory. Just my 2 cents...

The endless traditional V system argument.
I always find that those who slag system scaffold off are the ones who cant grasp it and they are not much good with t&f either.
Same sort of scaffolders who say they cant do falsework. Not worth a card the lot of them.
Scaffolding is providing a safe access whether its timber, system, tube, bamboo or bales of hay.
If you cant do it get a job collecting shopping trolleys and leave the work for real scaffolders.
Rant over.

Hswt - now you're starting to sound like a designer! Tube / system can be used in any number of scenarios - not just access!

Fu.ck all wrong with SGB Cuplok unless u don't know how to use it. I full agree its not as adaptable or as load bearing as t and f but in the right hands and the right scenario its fookin rapid. U can build hanging scaffolds, cantilevers, go round curved buildings etc. etc. theres not much u cant do with it tbh but same as any system there are limits. Probably my system of choice with layher a close 2nd. Both ideal for towers and small jobs.

not as adaptable or as load bearing as t and f .

A 2.5 x1.3 bay can take 1 tonne, before the ledger fails/bends
a t&f bay of the same size would be light duty..going on very light duty and take nowhere near that.

Every single person's opinion would change overnight if they actually had to buy the stuff.

Top Bottom