Cuploc Scaffolding

fat boy

Reaction score
Why is it soo crap or is it just you the way it was designed?

Last year i was asked to help a local builder out to put up a load of Cuploc Scaffolding for his brickie on one of his jobs.
and didnt like it one bit easy enough to base out and errect but feck me did it wobble.never agen

is Cuploc Scaffolding really that bad or was it just that job that has put me off the stuff.
I love layher allround scaffolding nice gear and light too be humping it about all day.

yer wish i did but he only had basic stock no T&F for making up out riggers or gear too tie off too the steel beams ?? Small builder thinks he can save money

Was it just a steel beam structure? If there was one, you could've butted it off the wall with cuplock ledgers. If there was no fittings whatsoever and you were putting it up over 2m, you should have told him you weren't building it.

That's what bracing is for mate doing cuplock at the mo for brickies using t&f for bracing and underslinging for loading bays as stonedrose1 says tie it should b fine even with out bracing (tho wouldn't recommend it lol)

iit was for the brickie to get up higher i only went up too about 4m high but i know took it up too guttering height for the roofer 5m long with a 3m return wasnt what id of said was safe the thing was that.
He said he went on a course to put it up for his insurance???
it was like steel bays with pre cut double thick boards cut to size
as i said it was nice to base out and put up but wasnt the best thing to be standing on

Got the first lift on thay got the steels up then put the rest up for him but no T&F anywhere

Omega trannies and battens mate. They're 2" thick, whereas the usual scaff board is 1.5". Tbh, it's my preferred system if I had to choose one. Still prefer T&F though.

is this the same guy that was asking about labouring jobs
also asking about ratchetpodgers
now slagging cuplock that he built?;)
yet 2 days ago he didnt know what a step looked like they have been on the go for around 4 years now,i dont work on shore or at home that much but i do know what they are;)

is this the same guy that was asking about labouring jobs
also asking about ratchetpodgers
now slagging cuplock that he built?;)
yet 2 days ago he didnt know what a step looked like they have been on the go for around 4 years now,i dont work on shore or at home that much but i do know what they are;)

Lol:laugh::amazed:

I lead a sheltered life
im only asking as iv hade time out the scaffolding games as i said before theres things i know and things i dont?????

The endless traditional V system argument.
I always find that those who slag system scaffold off are the ones who cant grasp it and they are not much good with t&f either.
Same sort of scaffolders who say they cant do falsework. Not worth a card the lot of them.
Scaffolding is providing a safe access whether its timber, system, tube, bamboo or bales of hay.
If you cant do it get a job collecting shopping trolleys and leave the work for real scaffolders.
Rant over.

The endless traditional V system argument.
I always find that those who slag system scaffold off are the ones who cant grasp it and they are not much good with t&f either.
Same sort of scaffolders who say they cant do falsework. Not worth a card the lot of them.
Scaffolding is providing a safe access whether its timber, system, tube, bamboo or bales of hay.
If you cant do it get a job collecting shopping trolleys and leave the work for real scaffolders.
Rant over.

HSWT you told me you never rant?.

im not slagging it off i was just saying was it my bad experience with it that has blinded me to its full potential

Top Bottom