Cranable Scaffolds ???

Just a thought, may be wrong...............if you introduce 2x21 ladder beams wont they have 2 double couplers per standard anyway. As then it will not be 6.3K/N but will double to 13K/N? Just an idea lads, dont know just throwing something out there........:idea:

Just a thought, may be wrong...............if you introduce 2x21 ladder beams wont they have 2 double couplers per standard anyway. As then it will not be 6.3K/N but will double to 13K/N? Just an idea lads, dont know just throwing something out there........:idea:

that what i was saying b4 with the second doubble is no longer 6.3 but only half that so 3.15 so thats 9.45kn 99% sure thats how it was worked out by a designer on here a few weeks ago am sure if they see it they may reconise that statment

It's only the checks that reduce not when one tube is caught twice...........I think.:embarrest::laugh:

If a dropper is caught twice off a beam it doesn't need checked although most scaffs habitually still do.

Why not just build the scaffold where it needs to be and stop being a lazy bugger ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Sure if double is used by both cups ( std & Ledger ) then the rating is the same at 6.3kn so totalling up to 13kn on one std on the beam. the chjeck fittings would be 50% of rating as used one side only....I'm no engineer with certificates, but commensense tells me this would be the case? Any engineers out here that know what their on about???

We had 50 craneable scaffolds heights up to 12 m for column formwork shuttering in the ME a few years ago.
I cant find a copy of the design but if memory serves me right the lifting beams had check tubes on top and bottom of beams.
There were multiple crane moves which all passed off without incident. All scaffolds were fully boarded and approx 12 m in length including returns.

We chose to follow the design and add the bits he forgot!

laced and braced, not in drawing,

checked it and picked up the beam also not in drawing,from the bottom chord.

we have X beams on site and he chose steel ladder beams over them aswell.

took a whole ten minutes!

Must add, I got a roasting for adding what is normally standard procedure by grad eng on site. Feck em

We chose to follow the design and add the bits he forgot!

laced and braced, not in drawing,

checked it and picked up the beam also not in drawing,from the bottom chord.

we have X beams on site and he chose steel ladder beams over them aswell.

took a whole ten minutes!

Must add, I got a roasting for adding what is normally standard procedure by grad eng on site. Feck em

Nice..:D **** grad engineers..

Top Bottom