Cowboy gaffers

Kid from donny

Reaction score
Beware of cowboy gaffers S&B alliance mr knowles and mr firth biggest cowboys going, gone bankrupt again and fucked my old man over his redundo and pay, at this time of year,

I take it its a Doncaster firm, do you know the full names of the directors and any other info would be helpful

Mr Knowles has just set up another company;)
ACCESS QUALITY SCAFFOLDING SERVICES LIMITED

and they have both diversified to
S B GROUNDWORKS LIMITED :noworry:

This is really usefull info as i heard somet about setting a groundwork firm up just before i got laid off with them,

As per usual I could be very wide of the mark but did they not recently tighten up the rules and regs on these phoenix outfits? Also, your old mans redundancy is untouchable and will be paid to him direct from the DOW&P, he may have to apply for it and wait for it but he will get it.

Yea, its just fkin about going through all rig marole filling more forms in to get it, jus wen you think your in for a good chrimbo, your bosses who you worked for 10 years ova shits on ya like that,

I don't say this lightly and it's no rant just a strong belief, these guy's should be jailed. I hope never to be tested but I do like to think I would look after those who looked after me. Can anyone shed any further light on to the thought rumbling round my big empty head that these rules have been tightened up?

the rules have been tightened where it can be proved that the directors acted criminally or intentionally but it is difficult to prove.

Mmm, I thought the rules were changed to make it easier to prove? We were caught a couple of times and could have proved a lot of shenanigans in 5 minutes flat, it just depends on who is willing to look deep and hard enough and you can bet your bottom dollar no one looks harder or deeper than the guy's who have lost the cash.

thats true but unless big money was due to the taxman no one is looking.
theres just too many going down !

and therein lies the problem. The old school of thought was he was first and the banks second then the rest were left to fight for what's left which is always nothing or they wouldn't have went down in the first place. If the new rules are as toothless as the last then we really have only to look at our government for someone to blame.

It will always be toothless until they have enough people to investigate every bankrupt company for root causes.
this wont happen due to cost and the fact that phoenix companies contribute taxes if you do away with the phoenix companies the taxman jeapordises future income.

Not sure I agree with that SOT, or maybe I'm just hoping that's not true or what hope is there for the honest traders and workers?

I do feel sorry for the genuine guys that fail, usually through no fault of their own, it takes a lot for them to get back up and have another go

But there are bustards out there who do it just to avoid the taxman etc:mad:

know of a couple who have gone pop +5 times, now tell me that they are not takin the pizz:mad:

as ever the HRMC wont get off their asses :cry:

:idea:if i cant beat em..............

Yep...Hit the nail right on the head...
Whilst HMRC still impliment the "Chase till death" policy this practice is never going to stop...And as per usual it is the guy at the sharp end that feels it the most...Your old man will get his redundancy its just a fookin pain that he has to wait.

Werent these lot something to do with Marc Access too? or am I getting my wires crossed?

yes mate they had somet to do with marc access during the first stages of building up the company many years ago, they changed name more times than i change my skiddies,

Is there a record for the amount of times a company went bump and changed their name or morphed into something else?

The best (Or worst) one I know of originally from Nottingham goes a bit like this:

1) Rablock Scaffolding
2) RSL
3) Mansfield Scaffold
4) North Notts Scaffolding (Yes the very same company involved in the Milton Keynes collapse).
5) Wizard Scaffolding

Anyone beat that?

Top Bottom