Course Funding.

charlie big spuds

Reaction score
O.K lads a boring one I know but I have mate who is only part 1 and not getting work because of it. Good scaff but can't afford to pay for part 2 himself as things have been a tad tight to say the least.

Doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with the joke club, just wondering if any of you guys of ever heard of other ways he might get this funded / paid for outside of finding an employer who will pay for it??

A long shot I know but any help will be appreciated!

If he is self employed he can apply as long as he has an Utr number, contacted cskills myself this week got half funding, gonna do the ewpa route costing £500 not the full grand, has to fill out an eligibility form out to apply hope this helps mate good luck

Where do I get the forms from mate?

Contact cskills on 0344 994 4433 they will send you a link, fill it out, send it to the funding team and they will be in contact. By the way I've already done part 1 and 2 course only the final assessment to do, not sure if the ewpa is available for just part 1s if you know what I mean mate :)

If he gets a letter from an employer to say they will take him on full time if he takes his part 2 then no reason why the job shop shouldnt fund it, i have friends of mine who are getting survival coures and others courses because they have letters to say there will be a job at the end of it for them. If you have a mate with a scaff company get the letter from them.

Bobby I Thought The Ewpa Route Was Stopped About Three Or Four Years Ago Buddy, Possibly Wrong Im Sure Other Members Of The Forum Will Keep Us Both Right. All The Best To Your Mate Though, Hope Something Works Out For Him.

Bobby I Thought The Ewpa Route Was Stopped About Three Or Four Years Ago Buddy, Possibly Wrong Im Sure Other Members Of The Forum Will Keep Us Both Right. All The Best To Your Mate Though, Hope Something Works Out For Him.

Nope exactly what I thought mate, spoke to a Richard miller( instructor/advisor) on weds he says that its at the colleges discretion, in other words if say 6 scaffolders were in the same boat and wanted the ewpa route they will make it work, but as a rule they don't really offer it ( not sure if that's because of lack of interest or the price) I'm only looking to do it this way coz I'm using kwikstage and can't get someone to sign portfolio ( brickie firm)

Thats Good News, Are You His Chargehand? Cause You Can Do His Portfolio If You Are, Iv Done It For A Few Scaffolders Bobby, And We Use Kwikstage All The Time.

I think i'm right in sayin that if you have ur pt1 but havent started ur nvq +under 25 then full funding is available to you....give the citb @birtchem a ring and they'll help you through it all

Nope exactly what I thought mate, spoke to a Richard miller( instructor/advisor) on weds he says that its at the colleges discretion, in other words if say 6 scaffolders were in the same boat and wanted the ewpa route they will make it work, but as a rule they don't really offer it ( not sure if that's because of lack of interest or the price) I'm only looking to do it this way coz I'm using kwikstage and can't get someone to sign portfolio ( brickie firm)

They do offer it, it's in the cskills course prospectus this year, also I have just put one of my lads on it after advice I got on here. They run the course when a minimum of 6 sign up. So you get a date for it when the other 5 do.

They do offer it, it's in the cskills course prospectus this year, also I have just put one of my lads on it after advice I got on here. They run the course when a minimum of 6 sign up. So you get a date for it when the other 5 do.

That's right mate, I was told it was when they could muster the bodies, apperently I should have it done within 2 months of paying should be all good mate my trainee card runs out in end jun

The ewpa route is only for guys that have done there part 1 and 2 course but never followed it thru an finished there portfolio ,I've put 2 of our men on it in the past 6 months

Big thanks, to all your help so far lads. Appreciated.

Interesting about the jobclub, feckers, seem to make the rules about who they want to help and don't...

The ewpa is for people who have done the part two course but have no portfolio for what ever reason. The JC paid for me to do it coz I couldn't get any work with just a part 1 ticket. It's not a gimme course though ( like others! ) I think it's only the construction colleges that offer it. It's like your portfolio & assessment all in one & a taped interview. IT CAN BE FAILED!

It can be failed!!!!!! Don't say that I've only done system for the last year my confidence/brain activity is at an all time low lol

ewpa route

hi mate im new to the forum,see your item on ewpa route what exactly is this,been in the game over 30 years, now need cisrs card, done part one,got laid off last job so need to pay for rest myself,any advice much appreciated.

Top Bottom