contradiction

dangeruss

Reaction score
How does this work then ? maximum standard spacing on a birdcage scaffold is 2.1m and the maximum distributed load is 0.75kn per m2. On a slung / drop scaffold the maximum standard spacing is 2.5m and the maximum distributed load is still 0.75knm per m2. Can anyone give me an explanation for that or is tg20:08 soon to be 13 a load of boll*cks. In Bs5973 they were the same, so what's changed.

Tried looking on google but cant find any reason for it.
no 2.1

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Maybe because of the diffrent forces acting on the tube. Birdcage would be compression dropper would be tension.
It wouldn't make any difference over that length bearing in mind the maximum first lift height for a bird cage is 2.5m. There must be a reason, I don't know it though.

Been a while but I knew it wasnt 2.1, the maximum standard spacing either way is 2.5m......that answers that ;)

An NASC funded and directed piece of information contradictory? How very dare you? Your NASC overlords are beyond reproach.:cool:

Been a while but I knew it wasnt 2.1, the maximum standard spacing either way is 2.5m......that answers that ;)
No its definitely 2.1m maximum standard spacing. In Bs5973 it used to be 2.5m with a 2.5m base lift. Tubbit scaffolding are not quoting tg20:08. Answers on a postcard please.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Isnt a birdcage 2.4 ?
2.4m spacing's are the maximum for a load class two independent with a udl of 1.5 kn/m2

How does this work then ? maximum standard spacing on a birdcage scaffold is 2.1m and the maximum distributed load is 0.75kn per m2. On a slung / drop scaffold the maximum standard spacing is 2.5m and the maximum distributed load is still 0.75knm per m2. Can anyone give me an explanation for that or is tg20:08 soon to be 13 a load of boll*cks. In Bs5973 they were the same, so what's changed.

just do what scaffolders have done for the last 30yrs and if there not happy give the bird gage birds some more seeds lol!!! you wont beat the game dangerous just humour them:laugh:

Anyone know the answer to this yet ? or is it just one of those "make it up as we go along rules" we're all familiar with ?

Don't have the books or anything in front of me but I assume the slung jobs are single lift and tied at every standard whilst the cage obviously isn't.

Just a guess.

Nah, there's no difference there. More likely tie and brace pattern are the biggest contributory factors. To me they are 2 completely different structures.

Top Bottom