confined space

anything can go wrong anywhere from low risk to heightend risk treat all confined work the same as when it goes wrong weve all seen the outcome.

my advise would be anything that your not sure of or you feel is unsafe challenge it,as ultimately its your life.get it gas tested and have monitors and top man and rescue plan no matter what joe cole says always challenge what you feel aint right.

A confined space is not all to do with gases, its ways of access and getting out, if something was to happen, meaning there has to be a certified person outside knowing what to do if someone was to get injured, if the lift shaft goes below ground level, especially in a new build,it will defiantly be a confined space...

Is that hse guidance?

Approved code of practice

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

A confined space is not all to do with gases, its ways of access and getting out, if something was to happen, meaning there has to be a certified person outside knowing what to do if someone was to get injured, if the lift shaft goes below ground level, especially in a new build,it will defiantly be a confined space...

Only if there is a specified risk, have a read of the confined space regs.

What do I know? What if someone needs rescuing,special equipment needed?

planning jonny.....id say,i think its confined then i will go through the process mate the whole process irrespective of what it is gases,water,mud i think at times theres too much lethergy at times when confined space work is concerned,just the other day i saw a top man sleeping with his boots off i just said.....what if,sorry to go on jonny but we do a lot of this work and it can be very unpredictable.

So fecin unreal how reg orientated our job has now become.
man cannea just get on and do his job .
what was a basic days work now full of regs and rules.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HASWA 1974 & Regs ie W@H, Confined Space, Asbestos etc are there to protect all of us scaffbhoy from over zealous employers who would get away with blue murder and be unaccountable for all there incompetent acts or omissions.

Hi Tim, as ever I'm no expert but we always treat them as a confined space but only use basic control measures depending on the job. My interpretation of a confined space in this instance is obviously only one access egress and the possibility of something falling into the work area. There could be lot's of others depending on the job but for me that is the main dangers but could be controlled easy enough without the need for specific training, although to be honest we are trained.

had the two day trainning course and a full scale rescue had to be performed,masks suits winches holes the lot and fck me you never will be properly prepared no matter the training but it will stand me in better stead i hope.

There are 2 access points the lift shaft openings
It's just I think to have someone have to go on confined space training is just ott for this specific job

I would be surprised if it came back as anything other than a confined space but there are different classes and as you say controlled quite easily.

Top Bottom