Concrete Connection plates?? Any off the shelf product

Jason_p69

Reaction score
Im designing a scaffold to hang from a concrete bridge.

I recall a previous scaffold contractor making up their own steel plates with 4 bolts holes at the corners with a small length of scaffold tube welded to the middle.

Does anyone know of a 'off the shelf' product to connect a scaffold tube to concrete?

Apollo is the man for anything to do with wall plates or fixings Jason , and you get next day deliver

Im designing a scaffold to hang from a concrete bridge.

I recall a previous scaffold contractor making up their own steel plates with 4 bolts holes at the corners with a small length of scaffold tube welded to the middle.

Does anyone know of a 'off the shelf' product to connect a scaffold tube to concrete?

A Band & Plate has a hole in the back for this purpose. But you would need to check the applied loads. Failing that Apollo or I think you can buy from Leaches

A Band & Plate has a hole in the back for this purpose. But you would need to check the applied loads. Failing that Apollo or I think you can buy from Leaches

The hole in the back of the band and plate is NOT for this purpose originally , it's just conveniently there and can be used for fixing through to a structure .

Last edited:
The hole in the back of the band and plate is NOT for this purpose originally , it's just conveniently there and can be used for fixing through to a structure .

You may be correct but I am sure the Band originally had two holes which was revised to one hole for use with anchors.

The holes in the back are a safety feature , it's if the band is overloaded , the band at the back would split and rather than shear in half it would only reach the the hole as a safety break .

RV

The holes in the back are a safety feature , it's if the band is overloaded , the band at the back would split and rather than shear in half it would only reach the the hole as a safety break .

RV

Hi thanks for that, been at this 40 years and never been told about or seen it writen about the splitting.
The little yellow book however shows the hole being used for shot firing a hilti nail into tube to increase the load bearing capacity to 2ton

If available I would be grateful for a sight of the section on the Band & Plate splitting and also very interested in the banking of fittings section which details the band and plate value times the slip load equals total value.

Years ago I had a large report on the banking of fittings but it has gone astray??

Last edited:
Band and Plate is used for "back anchoring" i've used this a number of times when i worked with SGB years ago. We used to erect a cantilevered access around multi storey blocks using this. There is an additional plate which is placed inside the band then bolted to the anchor. Used this on bridges, shores basically anywhere it is required. Great technique, every anchor needs the hilti test.

Band and Plate is used for "back anchoring" i've used this a number of times when i worked with SGB years ago. We used to erect a cantilevered access around multi storey blocks using this. There is an additional plate which is placed inside the band then bolted to the anchor. Used this on bridges, shores basically anywhere it is required. Great technique, every anchor needs the hilti test.

We use the "half moon" washer at Lyndon

Top Bottom