Code of conduct

I dont mind bad timekeeping,as long as a shifts been put in. Thats part of being self employed,a little bit of flexibilty. Problem then, if eveyone starts doing it. Cant remember the last time I started on time,or the last time I went early.
But thats another debate.:smile1:

Agreed Rigger, A company should look after its most important resource, the man thats grafting to keep office staff employed the running costs bills paid.
Also the duty of an employee to be punctual,others relying on that

1 man 80' a day and turns in every day, 440' per week
1 man 120' a day and turns in 3 days a week without a phone call. 360' per week.

give me reliability every day of the week, no moaning phone calls etc etc.

top men 120' a day and reliable, now we are talking, however few and far between.

reliable is the one for me

I dont mind bad timekeeping,as long as a shifts been put in. Thats part of being self employed,a little bit of flexibilty. Problem then, if eveyone starts doing it. Cant remember the last time I started on time,or the last time I went early.
But thats another debate.:smile1:

Agreed Rigger, A company should look after its most important resource, the man thats grafting to keep office staff employed the running costs bills paid.
Also the duty of an employee to be punctual,others relying on that

Exactly , a man that's grafting , this guy is not an he's playing the system cuz he's been on the cards so long thinks he can get away with it an we can't get rid of him

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

1 man 80' a day and turns in every day, 440' per week
1 man 120' a day and turns in 3 days a week without a phone call. 360' per week.

give me reliability every day of the week, no moaning phone calls etc etc.

top men 120' a day and reliable, now we are talking, however few and far between.

reliable is the one for me

Your right , we have no problem paying £120 for reliable hard working guys that earn there money , I even have a couple on more than that , because there good workers
It's the ones that want £120 a day just because they have a ticket an dont want to do any work for it , that **** me off

Is it that hard to get rid of someone now Desp. Youve warned him,doubt hes got much of a leg to stand on in any court. does he do a shift?? Dock his money could be a start. Thats 5 hrs a week.

Well he's had his 3rd warning during the week so I'll just have to wait for him to slip up again , he didnt turn up for work today , saying his dad was ill , strange how his dad has been ill 3 times over the past 3 months an always on a Friday
I swear he's doing it so I sack him then he takes me to a tribunal for unfair dismissal

If he was at my place he would have been out the door. I cant stand bad time keeping, i dont care if you can do a dropper from 300ft or if you base out 2 houses in a dsy. You dont turn in you get fooked off, end ov.

Thats normal scaffy, easy to replace people in todays climate.
Ideally,ya want someone who turns in every day,works below market rates,is polite well mannered, dont speak much never on the mobile,says thanks for the work and money boss. I know people like that. Unfortunatly theyre all poles.:eek:h::laugh:

100% agree fred. my gaffa ****** 2 lads off last year for being on their phoned when you've got lads shouting down for kit. I've got two boys with me and i told them at pre start induction that they dont use their phones on site, break times only and so far so good.

I find it hard to believe that you are still employing someone who cant erect a single garage in a day.
He should be doing 2 or 3 of them a day with birdcages and loading towers.

Put him on price.

I find it hard to believe that you are still employing someone who cant erect a single garage in a day.
He should be doing 2 or 3 of them a day with birdcages and loading towers.

Put him on price.

Thought about that , but if I don't put everyone else on the price , he will say I'm picking on him

desp, try coming at this problem from a different angle

First thing Monday morning have the lad in the office,make a brew and have a sit down with him. Ask him if he is having any special problems of late, such as Drink,Drugs,financial troubles or in his personnel life,that has led to the present situation between you. Point out he has worked for you for the past 5 years and ask what has changed

Explain that you will no longer tolerate his present attitude to the job, that many would be glad of,and that he will be subject to the disciplinary procedure and risks being dismissed if it does not improve.Also inform him that he will receive a written copy of this meeting,

Hopefully he will see sense, and you can state that this is a fresh start shake hands with him,and get on with making some money

Keep a written record of the meeting especially your offer to listen to his problems.The letter you give him will explain that he must comply with company policy as every other employee must adhere too,or face the consequences.

DO NOT single him out from the rest of the lads,as this can be considered constructive dismissal or victimisation

Tiss not all beer and skittles, good luck mate, "should of being a social worker not a fecking gaffer" was my old cry :D

Ahhhh!! The power of discussion. Seems theres more that wouldnt tolerate this character than would.:wondering: is he related:D

Top Bottom