CISRS Overseas

i couldnt agree more when the citb controlled the training there was no moaning about scaffolders not being trained properly and cards being given out willy nilly.this does seem to be the way of it nowadays.
CASH COW SEEMS TO DESCRIBE THE WHOLE SET UP NOW.

its more like PUNCH AND JUDY
AND THE BRITISH SCAFF IS JUDY GETTING BATTERED OVER THE HEAD TO THE SCREAM OF THATS THE WAY TO DO IT.

IT SEEMS THAT GREED COMES BEFORE ACTUALLY GIVING A FECK FOR THE GUYS YOU WORKED WITH AND ARE NOW MAKING YOU PLENTY. IS THE BRITISH POUND NOT ENOUGH I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WITH ALL THE FECKING ADD ONS TO ACTUALLY PUT A SCAFFOLD UP NOW IN GB WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KEEP THE CENTRES BUSY IT SEEMS NOT.

DONT BOTHER ANYONE ASKING IF THERES ANY WORK ABROAD AS WE HAVE ALL JUST BEEN SHAFTED BY GUYS THAT WE ONCE THOUGHT OF OUR OWN.:mad:

Last edited:
There you are Simian your first applicant.
Hope your course instructor can speak Vietnamese?
Come to think of it what language are your courses held in?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

http://www.simian-risk.com/uploads/TrainigCourses/simianbooklet.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

It applies to all training and assessment made by Simian Skill internationally outside of the United
Kingdom, where we resort to the UK Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS).
In most cases training and assessment can be carried out either at our training centres or onsite at
client’s premises, providing they have suitable training facilities and equipment. Note that some of
the more complex training, such as the Advanced Scaffolder, needs to be completed at our
specially equipped scaffolder training centres.
Candidates who successfully pass our training courses will receive our Simian Skill Certificate and
can apply for the Simian Skill Record Card* which are issued separately. Simian Skill certificates and
record cards are valid for 5 years from the date the training was completed.
Certificates and Record Cards can be renewed by completing a 1 Day Scaffolding Update Course.

What countries are these "International Scaffolder" qualifications recognised in?

Urdu, Pashto, Hindi, Punjab, Nepalese and Arabic and English

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

If a British Scaff was to complete a course in Dubai would it be a valid card in the UK and vice versa?

No as there is no nvq involved

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Over to you Simian?

British cisrs card is accepted all over the UAE

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

IF All my in house trainning cards were valid i would have more tickets than jason gibbs:laugh:

The international card is nothing to do with cisrs and not recognised by them

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

the cards will not be recognised in the UK but may well feck some of the Superintendant positions for a lot of Guys working overseas.

WILL THE TRAINING USE THE ADVANCED GUARDRAIL SYSTEMS OR THE STEP.

Both agr and steps are used, no British managers will be affected by this, the white face will always be leading out there. If you have worked there you will know that.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

It may well do. I would imagine companies like Cape would prefer to employ a cheaper Asian.
Looks like the CISRS are doing a pretty good job of fecking things up for everyone!!
In my opinion the training system was reasonable with just Bircham Newton, Erith, Glasgow and a couple of regional centres. The quality of scaffolders seems to have gone down since the arrival of the private but affiliated training schools.

For a man who has worked overseas and lives overseas you seem to have a good handle on the uk training market.

thats a bit racist ian what if the white mans been sunbathing lol!!!

its more like PUNCH AND JUDY
AND THE BRITISH SCAFF IS JUDY GETTING BATTERED OVER THE HEAD TO THE SCREAM OF THATS THE WAY TO DO IT.

IT SEEMS THAT GREED COMES BEFORE ACTUALLY GIVING A FECK FOR THE GUYS YOU WORKED WITH AND ARE NOW MAKING YOU PLENTY. IS THE BRITISH POUND NOT ENOUGH I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WITH ALL THE FECKING ADD ONS TO ACTUALLY PUT A SCAFFOLD UP NOW IN GB WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KEEP THE CENTRES BUSY IT SEEMS NOT.

DONT BOTHER ANYONE ASKING IF THERES ANY WORK ABROAD AS WE HAVE ALL JUST BEEN SHAFTED BY GUYS THAT WE ONCE THOUGHT OF OUR OWN.:mad:

Very little money in UK training as CITB keep the prices low as they are government funded hence the reason to have ago abroad. If a scheme is available like cisrs abroad we are going to give it a go like others.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

thats a bit racist ian what if the white mans been sunbathing lol!!!

That's the way it is described over there, it's less PC than here.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Questions answered for now

What countries are these "International Scaffolder" qualifications recognised in?

These are languages not countries. What countries are the "International Scaffolder" qualifications recognised in?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lard
If a British Scaff was to complete a course in Dubai would it be a valid card in the UK and vice versa?

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havespannerwilltravel
Over to you Simian?

Who by?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400KV
IF All my in house trainning cards were valid i would have more tickets than jason gibbs

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhugenoet
the cards will not be recognised in the UK but may well feck some of the Superintendant positions for a lot of Guys working overseas.

Both agr and steps are used, no British managers will be affected by this, the white face will always be leading out there. If you have worked there you will know that.

Managers need a degree to get the correct work visa. Why will the "white face" always be leading? Have you not heard of Omanisation and the Saudis are following this?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:
It may well do. I would imagine companies like Cape would prefer to employ a cheaper Asian.
Looks like the CISRS are doing a pretty good job of fecking things up for everyone!!
In my opinion the training system was reasonable with just Bircham Newton, Erith, Glasgow and a couple of regional centres. The quality of scaffolders seems to have gone down since the arrival of the private but affiliated training schools.

For a man who has worked overseas and lives overseas you seem to have a good handle on the uk training market.

Its good to keep up with what is happening elsewhere. Don't you?

thanks for answering the Questions Simian.
i have one more regarding the CARDS that will be issued.
* the cards will be SIMIAN SKILL CARDS delivered as per CISRS,but not actual CISRS CARDS is this correct.

I would like to think that you can understand the feelings of British Scaffolders on this matter as the amount of Training and the various add ons that are now pre requisites for work in the Scaffolding game now is a great expense which is mostly payed out of our own pockets.The last thing Scaffs need is a glutton of more Labour entering the market to force down the already pitifull wages on offer.
THESE CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK,IS THIS CORRECT.

thanks for answering the Questions Simian.
i have one more regarding the CARDS that will be issued.
* the cards will be SIMIAN SKILL CARDS delivered as per CISRS,but not actual CISRS CARDS is this correct.

I would like to think that you can understand the feelings of British Scaffolders on this matter as the amount of Training and the various add ons that are now pre requisites for work in the Scaffolding game now is a great expense which is mostly payed out of our own pockets.The last thing Scaffs need is a glutton of more Labour entering the market to force down the already pitifull wages on offer.
THESE CARDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK,IS THIS CORRECT.

The cards will be cisrs cards not simian ones. They will state overseas on them and not be accepted in the uk, the card record scheme tell me.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

These are languages not countries. What countries are the "International Scaffolder" qualifications recognised in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lard

Quote:
Over to you Simian?

Who by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400KV
IF All my in house trainning cards were valid i would have more tickets than jason gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhugenoet

Managers need a degree to get the correct work visa. Why will the "white face" always be leading? Have you not heard of Omanisation and the Saudis are following this?

Quote:

Its good to keep up with what is happening elsewhere. Don't you?

Constantly especially with the changes I see nearly every month.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

The cisrs overseas scheme is available worldwide apart from the EU, I suppose if it was then we would have 100,000 eastern scaffolders walking in with no visa barrier.

The cards will be cisrs cards not simian ones. They will state overseas on them and not be accepted in the uk, the card record scheme tell me.

So the overseas scheme is different from the international scheme?
If the overseas CISRS cards are not recognised in the UK, Australia, Holland, Germany, Canada etc in which countries will they be officially recognised. Or do you mean they will just be recognised by some clients and contractors in the Gulf in much the same way as Qatar Gas and Ras Gas only recognise Velosi certification?

So the overseas scheme is different from the international scheme?
If the overseas CISRS cards are not recognised in the UK, Australia, Holland, Germany, Canada etc in which countries will they be officially recognised. Or do you mean they will just be recognised by some clients and contractors in the Gulf in much the same way as Qatar Gas and Ras Gas only recognise Velosi certification?

Fred,

This is a CISRS thread, forget the Simian Card as that was an option prior to this scheme, I can only comment on what we have just been audited on which is the Overseas Scaffold Training Scheme for CISRS, this training is available from us.

I suggest you take it up with the scheme manager regarding countries and exceptions as we are just contractors to the scheme. As a UK training provider working over there it was a no brainer not to get this accreditation and i believe many training providers from overseas have now applied.

It is a scheme in its infancy as i see it but with its background and kudos around the globe and recognition by many countries i cannot see it going any way but up.

Fred,

This is a CISRS thread, forget the Simian Card as that was an option prior to this scheme, I can only comment on what we have just been audited on which is the Overseas Scaffold Training Scheme for CISRS, this training is available from us.

I suggest you take it up with the scheme manager regarding countries and exceptions as we are just contractors to the scheme. As a UK training provider working over there it was a no brainer not to get this accreditation and i believe many training providers from overseas have now applied.

It is a scheme in its infancy as i see it but with its background and kudos around the globe and recognition by many countries i cannot see it going any way but up.

Ian, Thanks for the answers. I appreciate you are just a contractor. What interests me is the CISRS setting up a scheme overseas using the term "CISRS" albeit with the "Overseas' added.
Interesting to see if it turns into a battle with the long established training and certification companies. I can see someone having to buy the world's largest brown envelope!!!;)

Ian,

Are your CISRS courses 5 days?Does a candidate have to complete a portfolio and return for a later assessment? Does a touch screen HSE test have to be passed before the candidate receives his card?
I noticed that another training provider who have received the same CISRS accreditation as yourself for their centre at Ajman are providing 5 day CISRS part 1 and 2 courses.
Interesting that CISRS would approve a course overseas that is only half the duration as the course done in the UK. I have some experience of working with people especially from the sub-continent and would have thought the training should be at least twice the duration of that required for British scaffolders (with the exception of the Nepalese of course.).

Isn't this the same as Cape East are doing?

I had a Filipino contact me asking for work through Linkedin recently, he had a CISRS parts 1 & 2 issued by Cape.

Isn't this the same as Cape East are doing?

I had a Filipino contact me asking for work through Linkedin recently, he had a CISRS parts 1 & 2 issued by Cape.

Sounds exactly the same. Qualifications gained from the Cape training school aren't recognised in UK. I think they do 10 day courses though I may be mistaken.

Top Bottom