CISRS Overseas

simian

Reaction score
Further to our conversation just a brief email to confirm that following the visit last week, the Centre in Dubai has been granted initial accreditation for the following CISRS courses
CISRS Level 1 Scaffolding
CISRS Level 2 Scaffolding
CISRS Supervisory Training (Overseas)
CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
CISRS Systems Scaffold Product Training Scheme (SSPTS) Layher, Cuplok, Kwikstage

This is available for overseas workers from now.

Good news for the Asians. They will be able to get a CISRS card and be able to join their relatives in the UK once they have a visa.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Will the training schools be introducing courses for Australian scaffold tickets in the UK so guys planning to travel there for work can do it in the UK first?
Amazing that people overseas will be able to gain a qualification overseas that is only recognised in the UK!

just a quickie can you please advise prices of the courses in the Dubai Training Centre.
will they have to do svq/nvq level 2 and 3 before issue of the Full cisrs cards.;)

Lets hope you don't mess up our accreditation system and treat them like you treat us good luck

I've just been told that the government, with the backing of labour agency's, are going to be opening training centres in Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and other poor Eastern European countries.

The plan is to then flood the UK with cheap labour to push down the hourly rates for hard working British scaffs!!! :mad:

I think you are about 10 years late on that scoop phil

Up h? bác cho lên top nÃ*o
trung cap y duoc

There you are Simian your first applicant.
Hope your course instructor can speak Vietnamese?
Come to think of it what language are your courses held in?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

http://www.simian-risk.com/uploads/TrainigCourses/simianbooklet.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

It applies to all training and assessment made by Simian Skill internationally outside of the United
Kingdom, where we resort to the UK Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS).
In most cases training and assessment can be carried out either at our training centres or onsite at
client’s premises, providing they have suitable training facilities and equipment. Note that some of
the more complex training, such as the Advanced Scaffolder, needs to be completed at our
specially equipped scaffolder training centres.
Candidates who successfully pass our training courses will receive our Simian Skill Certificate and
can apply for the Simian Skill Record Card* which are issued separately. Simian Skill certificates and
record cards are valid for 5 years from the date the training was completed.
Certificates and Record Cards can be renewed by completing a 1 Day Scaffolding Update Course.

What countries are these "International Scaffolder" qualifications recognised in?

Further to our conversation just a brief email to confirm that following the visit last week, the Centre in Dubai has been granted initial accreditation for the following CISRS courses
CISRS Systems Scaffold Product Training Scheme (SSPTS) Layher, Cuplok, Kwikstage

Safety and Access have been granted the same accreditation for their training centre in Ajman, United Arab Emirates.
I had heard Dave Mosley had been overseas. Perhaps a trip to the Gulf????;)

normally i would say well done onwards and upwards but cisrs and there share holders treat there british scaffold workers like s!it. sorry but this is how i see it can see the rates being even less a hour in england when they flock over as long as theve got plenty of money to send home there happy

If a British Scaff was to complete a course in Dubai would it be a valid card in the UK and vice versa?

What is the difference between a Simian International Scaffolder's Card and any other in house training?

Who recognises this card without any NVQ?

What is the difference between a Simian International Scaffolder's Card and any other in house training?

Who recognises this card without any NVQ?

IF All my in house trainning cards were valid i would have more tickets than jason gibbs:laugh:

Safety & Access Receives Accreditation For UAE Training Centre - Scaffmag.com The Global Scaffolding Magazine - Scaffmag.com The Global Scaffolding Magazine

All this has been arranged by Mr Mosley and the CISRS. I was right he has just been on a nice little trip to Dubai. Perfect weather for the trip and if he is still there at the weekend he could watch the Dubai World Cup.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Shame he didn't give the ECITB lads the same attention.

Last edited:
Something seriously wrong if they can sanction training with a Mickey Mouse card in other countries using the CISRS banner yet cannot spend the time to put right the ECITB issue. Ok when it involves a nice trip to Dubai but cannot find time for a trip to ECITB offices in Kings Langley to help British scaffolders keep their jobs.

the cards will not be recognised in the UK but may well feck some of the Superintendant positions for a lot of Guys working overseas.

WILL THE TRAINING USE THE ADVANCED GUARDRAIL SYSTEMS OR THE STEP.

Safety & Access Receives Accreditation For UAE Training Centre - Scaffmag.com The Global Scaffolding Magazine - Scaffmag.com The Global Scaffolding Magazine

All this has been arranged by Mr Mosley and the CISRS. I was right he has just been on a nice little trip to Dubai. Perfect weather for the trip and if he is still there at the weekend he could watch the Dubai World Cup.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Shame he didn't give the ECITB lads the same attention.

hopefully he can answer my email now hes back or get hes assist laura to answer my email i sent. if my rate wernt dropped to trainee scaffolder at £9.92 perhaps i could of flyed to dubai to see him. DONT FORGET THE PART 1 AND PART 2 HAS BEEN COMPLETED so why should the rate drop:mad:

the cards will not be recognised in the UK but may well feck some of the Superintendant positions for a lot of Guys working overseas.

WILL THE TRAINING USE THE ADVANCED GUARDRAIL SYSTEMS OR THE STEP.

It may well do. I would imagine companies like Cape would prefer to employ a cheaper Asian.
Looks like the CISRS are doing a pretty good job of fecking things up for everyone!!
In my opinion the training system was reasonable with just Bircham Newton, Erith, Glasgow and a couple of regional centres. The quality of scaffolders seems to have gone down since the arrival of the private but affiliated training schools.

Top Bottom