CISRS Overseas card Recognise in the UK ??

scaff38

Reaction score
Now that there is CISRS training outside the UK would the CISRS Overseas card be recognise in the UK ??

Has CISRS not been doing that for a few years now. It won't be recognised in the UK.

I know it is recognised in the UAE by all the major company, I was just wondering how long it will be before there is an influx of TCN scaffolders with this overseas card in the UK.

All training will initially be delivered by full time UK registered instructors and successful completion of the training will result in the Issue of CISRS official Certification and Skills Cards.

Taken from
Safety & Access Launch New CISRS Overseas Training Centre in UAE | Safety & Access

I believe simian risk/skill are doing an international scaffolding card too now
Basic
Intermediate
Advanced/supervisor/inspector

Unsure how well it's taken off or if its even being recognised yet?

I fail to see how we will start accepting an overseas card when we won't even accept a ecitb or score card. I reckon we are safe from the influx of middle easterners. It takes me 3 weeks to get a young boy a part one, I think it's 5 days for the overseas ticket.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Yes but they recently gave accreditation for the course to two British training centres that have opened in the UAE.

That news would have been met with applause in any other trade.

I know it is recognised in the UAE by all the major company, I was just wondering how long it will be before there is an influx of TCN scaffolders with this overseas card in the UK.

All training will initially be delivered by full time UK registered instructors and successful completion of the training will result in the Issue of CISRS official Certification and Skills Cards.

Taken from
Safety & Access Launch New CISRS Overseas Training Centre in UAE | Safety & Access

What companies in the UAE recognise it?

Don't worry about an influx of TCNs. They will need more than a card from CISRS to get a visa.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I fail to see how we will start accepting an overseas card when we won't even accept a ecitb or score card. I reckon we are safe from the influx of middle easterners. It takes me 3 weeks to get a young boy a part one, I think it's 5 days for the overseas ticket.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

That news would have been met with applause in any other trade.

Its great to see people being PROPERLY trained regardless of location or nationality.

Given that many of the Middle East Regions have adopted part or parts of the CITB/CISRS philosophy within in their General Instructions ect, is the new CISRS Overseas Card an attempt to introduce a generic Scaffolding Operations Bench Mark ???.

I don't think so Garry. Aramco etc have their own scaffold procedures and whilst many are similar with large parts copied and pasted from 5973/TG20 etc they will want to keep their own identities.(The old Arab one upmanship if you like.)
I think the idea behind the Overseas card is purely monetary. They have seen the millions made by the likes of Velosi over the years and want a slice of the pie. Can't fault them for that as possibly big money involved. For sure someone in the CISRS will be getting looked after!!

My thoughts exactly...Aramco being the Daddy of them all and the hardest nut to crack I cannot see the new CISRS Oversees Cards becoming a norm and a generic form of Competency. Its a whole new ball game in the sand pit eh HSWT :eek:

It would take something very special to sign up the Prime Movers ( never happen ), why should they buy into Training Program which consists of readily available Training Material already in circulation.

Service Companies have recognised the value of In-House and on the job Training which identify the task specific Structures common to their Sector, in-house Training and on the job Training is nothing new, however,of late, I have been aware of the accelerated acceptance of in-house and on the job Training by the Service Companies.

Im not quite sure how widely the new CISRS Overseas Card is recognised and what the take-up rate is ???

HSWT

Perhaps Ian and or Rick would like to join the thread and expand on the Overseas Card ???.

Top Bottom