Cheeky trad clowns

longun

Reaction score
Butts HANGING from sleeves...

Off the back of oxford st in london town i came across this little eye opener! Should i stand underneath one of the butts until it falls out and claim a nice sum of cash?
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 435
Hey young bobby working a full weekend. better than spending it in pub....
Its poor work, more so from a company like trad!!.

Hey young bobby working a full weekend. better than spending it in pub....
Its poor work, more so from a company like trad!!.

Yes dad lol bit of a shock to the system won't lie to ya bit fooked in the morning me thinks but best bit is haven't been out all weekend, so I've both earned and saved £££ this weekend!!!! Think I might do it more often:idea:

Years ago i used to play a trick on my mates and brake the middle out of a sleave and tie it half way down a dropper of an hanger.ha

I think they are there to pick up a missing ladder beam.

That's the prob when you mix system tube fit.
Phil I recon because its set bay lengths, they realised they couldn't punch up of the bottom cord, because the layher rosette would not go on the bottom chord.
I alway put plan bracing in the /////// style as you brace more standards as apposed to the a v configuration.

All the layher standards are hamped off butts on this job. Butts are wrapped on the bottom chord of the beam with a sleeve inbetween the top and bottom chord..... Verrry odd. You can see they have no space for a double on the bottom chord due to the lattace...

Morning All
There are a few problems with this span such as the missing chord ties, the plan brace being on the bottom chord but I have more concerns about the ladder beam being fixed to what looks like a soft sand stone cladding over the window head.
As for the butts on sleeves, no clue WTF thats about never even staggered the joints front to back :)

Last edited:
Morning All
There are a few problems with this span such as the missing chord ties, the plan brace being on the bottom chord but I have more concerns about the ladder beam being fixed to what looks like a soft sand stone cladding over the window head.
As for the butts on sleeves, no clue WTF thats about never even staggered the joints front to back :)

With you all the way on that one Alan,
How's your new man getting on? :blink1:

Top Bottom