Checking Scaffold

dodger41

Reaction score
After a bit of advice lads, we are going to a job where the scaffold has been up around some chimneys that we are going to rebuild, for at least 3-4 years, + I dont fancy using it with out it being checked after all this time, what would you suggest, i.e., what normally happens ?, would a Tag be left on the scaffold, to prove its has been checked, rather than taking someones word ?, from a worried Brickie, !!, cheers.

if its been up as long as you say bud the framework is probably ok,i would be more concerned about the boards.same as scaffy get it inspected matey

no fooking way is a brickie posting on here man . haha .best thing you can do mate is get on there and overload it to fook like you normally do, then if your still up there get some more of your overweight polish friends on the job and all of yous jump up down in a truffle shuffle type motion . if that fails get that rusty scaffold spanner out you bag that you been carrying about for years and loosen the fittings closest to the ridge , then hey presto you know its safe

no fooking way is a brickie posting on here man . haha .best thing you can do mate is get on there and overload it to fook like you normally do, then if your still up there get some more of your overweight polish friends on the job and all of yous jump up down in a truffle shuffle type motion . if that fails get that rusty scaffold spanner out you bag that you been carrying about for years and loosen the fittings closest to the ridge , then hey presto you know its safe
.....Id get the Hoddy to load it out fella, then double clip it, & get him to graunch it up really tight !!.....:nuts:.....;);) Its a genuine post mate, thought id ask the ones who know !, cheers :)

Get the firm that put it up to inspect it.Its their gear/job.The boards will be the weak point of the thing...

Hi dodger, doesn't really matter how long it has been up, there should be a register detailing all the inspections and any remedial works done. Ask the gaffer to see it, if there isn't one tell him you want it checked. There is no legal requirement for a tag.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
The best reply ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Get them to change the boards and ladders
2. Independent inspection.
3. Handover cert
4. Then do what allan said, i hate brickies

Spot on Jackdan, It is only a money saving excercise using the scaffold that has been up that long.

Brickie or not I do not want to see any man injured or killed by this sort of bad practice.Refuse to work from it and inform your local HSE about your concerns

why has it taken 4 years to sort out be a nice little bit of extra hire on that.

Don't fancy striking it, you will need a gas axe.:eek:

Hey up Allan..What!!..you live in a scaffold frame tin shed:cheesy:

I:love:my brick built house..luv it luv it..lol

why has it taken 4 years to sort out be a nice little bit of extra hire on that.
I dont know the full S.P. mate, but will know more when i see the job next week :unsure:, got a sneeky feeling that they have been useing the scaffold to help support the chimneys !

Albeit it is probably coveted more in this city than most, the noble brick is still mostly looked past, walked over, and (gasp!) spat on. Poor brick.

If it were not for you, with your valiant and true form, our cozy Acres would be but a flat bit of turf.

And if it were not for you, with your humble and rosy appearance, our winding streets would be mere pavement.

And, dear brick, if it were not for you, aged but not broken by time, we would be without memory of the modest beginnings and long history of this neighbourhood.

To the brick! We thank you for your unwavering support.

Nothing wrong with the brick, it's the t w a t s that are laying them.:evil:

Rite there AOM, look at Hadrians wall,jocks with hob nailed toes kicked it dooon

Top Bottom