checking every fitting

marra watson

Reaction score
have been working on a job recently and the saftey officers a 2 day advanced inspection ticket holder i presume when the jobs finished he gets up checks every fitting every tube of level and plumb i mean litrally everything is checked have to leave 4 boards down the full lenght of the scaffold so he can jump up and check every bolt althow he for some reason dont need a doubble hand rail any reason why not and with 1 board missing shoul he be on the lift not only that but when its finished with we then have to go back up and turn all the boards on there side and tie to 1 side of the scaffold does this make sence to any of you?

That's not normal:amazed:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Does he use a torque wrench?

woow thats intense whats next measuring your transoms

Jumping up if he does not hold a relevant card for scaffolding then he most certainly must not even be on a scaffolders working zone only a complete handed over working access. Take photos as proof.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Jumping up is in breech of the WAH regs 2005.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Who is it and what are his/her qualifications. Is his/her harness been inspected by a competent trained inspector and in date.

Joking apart mate I actually had a to55er do that a year ago on Birmingham council work. N0bs mate.

Thats silly especially as it was layer

Leave a trap for the little sh it , i have never seen this before what the fu ck is he trying to prove he is not a qualified scaffolder his job is to look and write comments on what he observes not check every fitting on site ,sad little no nothing jobs worth me thinks

That's not normal:amazed:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Does he use a torque wrench?

not sure this was all second hand form the charge hand and few other lads off the job at the time

Jumping up if he does not hold a relevant card for scaffolding then he most certainly must not even be on a scaffolders working zone only a complete handed over working access. Take photos as proof.

so need to be toe boarded doubble hand railed b4 he can go on it ok ill rember that
---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Jumping up is in breech of the WAH regs 2005.
sorry didnt jump up used a ladder for it all ginny wheel every lift no passing up a lift

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Who is it and what are his/her qualifications. Is his/her harness been inspected by a competent trained inspector and in date.

its all concil jobs and lucky for him i havent came cross him yet this was on 1 of the jobs i wasnt on msaby says a bit about the rest of the firm lol

Joking apart mate I actually had a to55er do that a year ago on Birmingham council work. N0bs mate.

well might be same fella its a council contract

have been working on a job recently and the saftey officers a 2 day advanced inspection ticket holder i presume when the jobs finished he gets up checks every fitting every tube of level and plumb i mean litrally everything is checked have to leave 4 boards down the full lenght of the scaffold so he can jump up and check every bolt althow he for some reason dont need a doubble hand rail any reason why not and with 1 board missing shoul he be on the lift not only that but when its finished with we then have to go back up and turn all the boards on there side and tie to 1 side of the scaffold does this make sence to any of you?

Never heard of a 2 day advanced inspection course.

Give him a bill for the boarded lift he's requested to do his inspection:idea:

Ask for a site instruction before doing bigfish's request by the client.

Ask for a site instruction before doing bigfish's request by the client.

site instructions ????? fek that he'll ask me about rams that cant by the sound sof it aint never seen 1 lol :embarrest:

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Give him a bill for the boarded lift he's requested to do his inspection:idea:

this job isnt in with the rest of the contract it was addition so i htink theve whammeyd him for it any how lol

Sounds typical of the newly qualified elf and safety. I could maybe let it go once but after that he would get the IW between the eyes.

Sounds typical of the newly qualified elf and safety. I could maybe let it go once but after that he would get the IW between the eyes.

hahha how times have changed it would 1 over of bein the yorkie spanner or the ratchet podger in his eye but now not now the iw lol :laugh:

saw a board underneath so the **** falls thru... the ****** should have inspected the board hey.... lmfao...

aye lol but seriously checking every bolt might as well give him me belt and he can put the feker up ......mioght do a better job maby next week hell have a torque wrench :laugh: check to see how far form 50 it is lol

Now now AOM I dont condone violence . Lol in this case he has flaunted numourous health and safety laws. Gather the evidence. Follow proceedures.

There was a case not so long ago where an instructor was prosecuted under H&S doing a ladder course . Available on you tube to view.

even health and safety people have rules and proceedures to follow.

Top Bottom