Cape interviews

andyf8686

Reaction score
Has anyone had to attend these interviews at the site even for a scaffolders role ?
Do they pay you a days travel ? once you start ?

Ita an employers market at the present time Andy, if you dont turn up a lot more will, exes for attending forget it.

Gm i have no problem going to it but the 5 hour drive there and the same back is what gets me when i have worked for them before and just had interview for a staff role.

Has anyone had to attend these interviews at the site even for a scaffolders role ?
Do they pay you a days travel ? once you start ?

ive been with them 12 years on and off andy and if theve got the work as a scaffolder your get it!!! normally on a who you know basis these jobs on capes!! as for a supervisors roll they may want to see your cv but youve got the time in anyway mate so you should be fine exspecially if youve been with them before. travel yes your get that as the pigeon flys or the route they want to paye hope all goes well andy and remember if they dont take you there loss but you should be fine mate!!

Cheers Dico mate the interview is for on the spanners mate i was just asking if anyone else has been down this route as i think they did the same for cottom power station interview D&D and induction i suppose it save's time when you start and it cost's the company nothing.
The staff job i had an interview was for a training office but the location was aberdoom and only 35k a year so no good to the traveling man.
So i will be driving the 6hour up and 6hours back tomorrow at my own cost 200 notes for juice but what can i do ????

first ive every heard of andy must be different down south ive even have the gaffa drop the paperwork down the local all best anyway mate

I think they should pay you... afterall, your both getting something out of the trip.
You get a job and they get a good and reliable Scaffolder.

One day these Firms might realise that a working relationship is a 2-way thing... Scaffolders need Firms and Firms need Scaffolders...

Maybe one day eh?

Chances are, you wont like... :suspicious:

yeap make you right jason have earnte some good money on cape over the years. but what you got to remember with cape you can be at the top one minute then your gone your only a number at the end of the day. but if they have the work there employee you and spend money on trainning and the lattest courses and ppe but when work drys up your ave to dry ya eyes mate but this is the norm these days no works permenant!!!!

Known lads to travel down from Stoke for 15 minute interview at yarmouth office and got no reimbursement, sign of the time's andy

i was on the same job recently as a guy who also went for an interview , not for a supervisor job , on the tools.

Not going for supervisor mate its back on the spanners anyway will call into the big 3 and drop my cv etc off by hand to see if that works .... will let you's know how i get on lol

its all about supply and demand,feck me you even have men using local addresses to get work rather than claim digg money.
but thats another rant for another day.

Top Bottom