Cantilevered loading bay

Round my way,there is a house with loading bay for a new roof job. The working platform is cantilevered by a metre on one side,and about 1500mm on the other. Handrails are punched in,no spurs. The long side looks to have dropped. Whats the max overhang recommended.

The max overhang is 3 boards, before Spurs need to be added, but thats just what i work to - legally, im not sure what it is.

If it is 3 boards - then its something like 675mm as a maximum (3x225mm).

Sounds proper slashy to me though Fred mate.
Even a small Cantilever should be spured up, if only just for looks.

I would spur it anyway. :)

EDIT: Just saw those pictures... to be honest, the Scaffold looks a bag of shiite, i dont think i could sleep at night if i put that up - and id defo spur the sides up, lol.

Last edited:
I think legally it's 2 max, the usual disclaimer applies.

I think legally it's 2 max, the usual disclaimer applies.

Ya.
2 before Spurs need to be added...

My maths aint what it used to be, lol.
Should be 450mm, not 675mm, lol.

If its 3 boards, id add Spurs.

I remember that causing a lot of confusion off shore and I carried it on when I went back to the street, double inside board all spurred up, you should have heard the brickies wailing like Iraqy washer women.:laugh:

Im Saying Diddly Squat Mate (But Its Not Kwikstage Is It?)

haha, naw all tube they fekin hated me.;)

Changed days now though, we are on a job at the moment all cup lock which is just as well as were putting it up to strip a roof then back down for render then back up to slate the roof then back down for more render. Madness but thank God I'm not on it.

That is a fu ckin disgrace , we do loads of these for loft conversions and belive me them lads know how to load a scaffold , everything goes on that wide front at once , as well as what comes of the old roof.

Aom them lads always have their ladders like that for carrying up gear , i know it aint supposed to be like that but thats the way they want it , and most of them jobs are cash so who am i to argue :D

No, you are right Phil, I just wondered as I have seen loads like that down south but never up here. I can see how it would be easier carrying up gear but as I tell the monkeys up here the ladder is for the safe passage of men only. We do get asked now and again to turn it but I always refuse but what they do after I have taken the pics and handed it over is up to them.

Think they've missed the return out to park the van,and anything with a kicker in is a pass from me:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bag of feckin sticks springs to mind:eek:

Top Bottom