can you tell me what lenght a tower stops being a tower

S

steveo south east

i have always been under the illusion that a tower can be 21ft long as there would be no sleeves in the ledger which means one continus ledger without a break.
my colleague say "that a tower only has four legs" which would mean that 10ft would be the biggest you could go with a tower

who is correct?

Not sure Steve but I'm going 4 legs.

Done many 13 foot towers so not sure , we always price 8 foot towers per rising meter as it is under a square in length

How many 21 foot towers have you done?:wondering:

none aom thats an independent in my books

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Have done a good few independents using towers with 6 meter beams at the top lift for roofers :D

loads for gas flu changes on tower blocks. huh maybe its the bosses bad grammer bacause thats were i have got it from all those years ago and preach and practiced.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

four legs to a tower then i have to stick to that from now on then!

Sorry Steve, obviously I could be wrong and it's just terminology but we do call a 13 foot job a tower but officially it's an independent for me. It can be a bit confusing when you think about it as they call a stair tower a tower and it's got 8 legs. I'm still going any more than 4 and it's not a tower.

had this argument with the lads on the course anything over 2.1 in my eyes is a interdependent asuming you stick the rule 2.1 being the maximum after 2.1 you should be putting another standard in so there for its and indapendant any thing over 2.1 square i would sya is a bird cage any thing duner 2.1 squared is a tower

loads for gas flu changes on tower blocks. huh maybe its the bosses bad grammer bacause thats were i have got it from all those years ago and preach and practiced.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

four legs to a tower then i have to stick to that from now on then!

FFS Steve, don't go by anything you read on here, we are all as thick as.:embarrest:

First contract we ever had was for gas engineers changing flues steveo made a fortune out of them 8 foot towers ;)

when on price for a subbie he was getting more for towers e.g. x by width ........
so we always done them 2 m wide and upto a 8m long ......

the definition was if we wrote tower at the end of everything on the job sheet it was a tower

good old sgb

Us to Tim and to be fair I think it will be true for most. I didn't know you could charge more for an 8 foot independent though as opposed to an 8 foot tower.:idea:

only .8 of square long , which is why we price them by the rising foot about £10-£15 depending on height access etc

when i see jobs in london and its say £120 £130 £150 a day or whatever or say £14 , £15 an hour it leads me to think that theres not many people paying per sq metre nowadays , would that be right ?

Or the tractor turned into a field.(Just a quick one for the country boy's)

Two coo's in a field, which one was on holiday?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

when i see jobs in london and its say £120 £130 £150 a day or whatever or say £14 , £15 an hour it leads me to think that theres not many people paying per sq metre nowadays , would that be right ?

I reckon every job has it's price.

4 legs = tower

6 legs = independant

There aint really any price work anywhere stledger mate , but for pricing a job an old fart like me still uses squares ( not square meters) 10 foot long x 10 high is a square so about 3 square meters a square , if that makes sense :worried:

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

So which ones on holiday Aom :wondering:

The one with the wee calf.:amuse:

You may need a Scottish accent for that to work. Week aff.

Top Bottom