Bullying

never been curious aom - allways wanted a sweaty

Lets get some ground rules on here. I noticed an earlier thread regarding moderators chirping in on threads but moderators should be impartial. Secondly another thread is regarding some kids being bullied at a training centre and the guy who raises it gets a siege mentality.

I have also read the notice above about personal attacks and unfounded allegations.

The forum is skating on thin ice and i suggest SF Admin has a mentoring or training session with the Moderators to get it sorted.

Bubba

ihave read and commented on the post you are refering to. if people choose to air there opinions in the public arena then they can expect to provoke a reaction. if your talking bullocks in the cabin you'll get a reaction. surely if you've got a greivence with a training school then you raise it with them directly and not on the world wide web!

There is two sides to every story and if you post thoughtless provocative allegations on the forum you can expect a reaction.

Unfortunately opinions are like arseholes, everybody got one. you only get trouble on the forum when people start using theres to communicate with!!!

The forum is a good source of information which i find very useful and entertaining, but it has got to used sensibly. Personally i choose to wash my dirty laundry in private. If people want to score points or have alternative motives then these posts need to read for what they are. Moderaters need to be the regulators not the antagonists. They definitly need guide lines to follow or should be replaced.

Hi Guys,

Bubba, you do have a valid point, although s difficult one for sure.

I've belonged to many forums and this by far is the most, shall we say, outspoken. But then I would expect it to be - it is a scaffolders forum :p.

Being a moderator on any forum is very difficult because mods have opinions too. So then it's a question of whether they are allowed to, when it comes to contentious issues.

On another forum, their is a habit of the mods stating whether they are posting as a member or "with mod hat on" <bleurgh> hate that expression - but maybe it goes a little way to differentiating.

Having said that - it then gives more difficulty if said mod has added fuel to a particular fire and then decides enough is enough and posts a warning with "Mods hat on"!

Dunno the answer but modding is not easy and no one wants to be gagged either.

But, Bubba, you should stick around and read a little of the more calm threads - much good advice and fun to be had :)

From what I have read I dont think there is a problem at all. Moderators can express their views as much as anybody else. I have not asked them to be impartial or pc.

I dont think there was anything bad said during that thread and no names were mentioned, just a good strong debate.

As many others have said, this is a Scaffolders Forum, not a tea party. From time to time opinions will be strong, members will not see eye to eye, but as long as things don't get taken to far I don't see a problem.

Bubba it would be a shame for you to leave as there is so much good information to glean from the forum, however from time to time things are bound to get boisterous.

Regards

SF Admin

Been so busy with work last few weeks Ive not been able to get on here much but its been good trying to catch up with news.

So as this is a debate and lots of people are involved are we all massdebating?:embarrest:

Top Bottom