Builders doing their own adaptions

i've had similar experiances phil and to be honest just have a quite off record chat with him about it, 9x outa 10 they think they done u a favour cos they know ur busy and didnt want to bother you with a small adaption and sometimes it suits all involved untill you explain the concequences if something went wrong...u'd be covered by your own paperwork or not if you know what i mean as u hadnt worked on it or handed it over so it'd be down to the agent anyway....i know we're in it to make money but sometimes you need to build bridges today to cross tomorror and having the agent oweing you a favour always has its advantages

a company in Bristol i work for a few yrs back had the same problem.the agent had a fork lift driver who claimed to be a scaffolder (no ticket), we turned up on site on a Saturday to dismantle a stack and the agent and the driver were busy erecting a 26ft long table lift...
our boss ended up getting hse involved , but after a big bucket of b"llshit from the agent and his company it was all brushed under the carpet. And this was not a 2bob outfit of builders neither...how the f"ck they got away with it god only knows...

a company in Bristol i work for a few yrs back had the same problem.the agent had a fork lift driver who claimed to be a scaffolder (no ticket), we turned up on site on a Saturday to dismantle a stack and the agent and the driver were busy erecting a 26ft long table lift...
our boss ended up getting hse involved , but after a big bucket of b"llshit from the agent and his company it was all brushed under the carpet. And this was not a 2bob outfit of builders neither...how the f"ck they got away with it god only knows...
A couple of brown envelopes maybe?
Nothing would surprise me.

Top Bottom