Bs. 5973 : 1993

Checked the hse website for reference before to see what i could find , because i was looking as well for guidance on the handover and first inspection, but all i could come up with was hsg150. Know its not law but is guidance as you say, cheers ! Only trying to get away from the potetial expense of covering the 50mm gap should some safety officer state that the lift didn't comply with WAHR. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Is everyone aware that the handover dosn't constitute the first inspection, you'd still have to make an entry in the scaffold inspection register .Untill recently i only gave them the handover, then filled in the inspection register after the first 7 day inspection.

Checked the hse website for reference before to see what i could find , because i was looking as well for guidance on the handover and first inspection, but all i could come up with was hsg150. Know its not law but is guidance as you say, cheers ! Only trying to get away from the potetial expense of covering the 50mm gap should some safety officer state that the lift didn't comply with WAHR. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Is everyone aware that the handover dosn't constitute the first inspection, you'd still have to make an entry in the scaffold inspection register .Untill recently i only gave them the handover, then filled in the inspection register after the first 7 day inspection.

The NASC are bringing out a new handover form that will state first inspection on it and the Hse are happy with it.

I wouldn't mind so much but he's ranting on the North/South thread about what a good scaffolder he is!

Not good enough to learn what the basic industry guidlines are, obviously...

you couldnt have put it any better,his avavtar is quite apt though:blink:

Whats the likelyhood of this handover sheet being possibly made available to the non-educated unworthy non-members of said mentioned scaffolding body?? nudge nudge wink wink!!

Whats the likelyhood of this handover sheet being possibly made available to the non-educated unworthy non-members of said mentioned scaffolding body?? nudge nudge wink wink!!

You can buy handover notes from construction industry publications CIP if you google it. Not sure if the new one is up and running but check with them.

Top Bottom