Broken wrist and fractured elbow at work

E

essex

while at work yesterday, basing out a job on a swimming pool for maintenance and the pool was empty, i slipped and fell down 8-10 ft into the empty pool, my company has said i can claim on there public liability?

how do i claim with them?

or do i do a separate claim?

lucky never been injured and don't no what route to take?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Fellas

while at work yesterday, basing out a job on a swimming pool for maintenance and the pool was empty, i slipped and fell down 8-10 ft into the empty pool, my company has said i can claim on there public liability?

Thanks Fellas

Ask your company how you claim.. be careful though, if you did'nt have all safety systems in place, you could get prosecuted yourself...

Oh dear,sorry to hear about your accident,just ring your local solicitor and he'll take your claim on for you,i would'nt use one of them no win no fee ambulance chasers though,good luck essex;)

Ouch i bet that hurt Essex, hope your feeling a bit better today, phone round and get hold of a good personal injury solicitor he/she should be able to cover everything you require

Do you need to make a claim?

ask your employer if he will pay you till your fit enough to return to work:idea:

Sorry to hear of your accident Essex

I wish you a full and speedy recovery

As to your claim for compensation, find yourself a local decent solicitor Company that does this kind of work.Leave the no win no fee mob alone.

Do Not sign or verbally agree anything before you contact a solicitor

follow link for all the help you will need,from the Law Society

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/commonlegalproblems/personalinjury.page

PS a break and a fracture are one and the same thing, Medics use the term fracture, while most laymen talk of breaks

Last edited:

ask your employer if he will pay you till your fit enough to return to work:idea:

Agreed Hatter, not sure if it's enough to put off a baying mob though.

Hope you get sorted Essex. I would talk to the firm first, they are obviously not shirking their responsibilities and will have probably kicked off a claim for you already. Did they report it to the hse?

well im self employed and most circumstanstics i would not get paid, will ask the question though.

Sorry to hear of your accident Essex

I wish you a full and speedy recovery

As to your claim for compensation, find yourself a local decent solicitor Company that does this kind of work.Leave the no win no fee mob alone.

Do Not sign or verbally agree anything before you contact a solicitor

follow link for all the help you will need,from the Law Society

The Law Society - Making a personal injury claim

PS a break and a fracture are one and the same thing, Medics use the term fracture, while most laymen talk of breaks

Thanks rigger will look at website and make a few phone calls.

Agreed Hatter, not sure if it's enough to put off a baying mob though.

Hope you get sorted Essex. I would talk to the firm first, they are obviously not shirking their responsibilities and will have probably kicked off a claim for you already. Did they report it to the hse?

i filled it the accident report onsite and after 3 days a reportable RIDDOR will have to be filled in, then the HSE will get informed after that.

Will keep you all posted with progress, and thanks for your messages

Thanks Fellas

you should have still been working with Jason, he would have filmed it,:D

well im self employed and most circumstanstics i would not get paid, will ask the question though.

Thanks rigger will look at website and make a few phone calls.

i filled it the accident report onsite and after 3 days a reportable RIDDOR will have to be filled in, then the HSE will get informed after that.

Will keep you all posted with progress, and thanks for your messages

Not that it really matters in this instance, but from April 6 2012 a RIDDOR is now reportable once the individual has been absent for more than 7 days after the incident (not counting the day on which the accident happened) - Not 3, as was the old rule.

you should have still been working with Jason, he would have filmed it,:D

:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Didn't realise you were self employed Essex. If they know what's what I'm sure they will continue to pay you as it is the first thing a judge will look at when awarding compensation is exactly what have you lost and if they have continued to pay you the answer is obviously not a lot, in financial terms. Good luck anyway.

Sorry to Hear about this Essex mate , make sure all the RAMS etc etc are in place before you make a claim ;)

Tough break Essex at least your body will have a rest!
The client has overall responsibilitly especially if a notifiable project
then the contractor which is your boss will have responsibility (like it or not)(even for his subbies) he is the one who has to supply safe method of working with rams
and a accident is a accident

Contact your Union, If you are a member which I'm sure you are they will arrange a solicitor on your behalf.
Speedy recovery too.

sore one, speedy recovery
it will probably be classed as a fall from height i would imagine,so maybe a wee bit dodgy as regards a claim if you were not hooked on.
as others have said try and work with the employer and if they act the cant a good lawyer is the order of the day.

Ort marra all the best and i hope al is going to be ok for you financhally untill your back at work. Ps message poacher turned gamekeeper he'll be able to advise you on this lol wont ya skell;)

Top Bottom