Brickies making nowt

allan666

Reaction score
Is it just me or do you all find it a little bit funny that we now make more than brickies . After sixteen years of brickies looking down their noses at me i am not ashamed to admit i find IT god damn hilarious.

Nice one, but brickies are just erse's trying to earn a living as well. No one looks down on the scaffs.:cool:

the thing with them brickies a little bit of rain or frost there off.not like us cave men. and they cover there bricks with blankets in the frost lol.

I think everyone's gonna agree on this thread!!!

F**k em!

dirty b bastards with there cement every where , cant clean the rubbish after them i have seen them call a hoddie up 4 lifts of scaffold to move a stack of bricks 20 foot closer to them because they cant walk that far

I was just listening to a squad on the site i work on moaning about money and it reminded me of all the times they used to brag about how much they had made and it made me smile .

brickys do my nut in why when you turn up to do a job do they always fu8kin put there crap right where your standards need to go , do they not learn:evil:
they never clear there ***** up either bloody blocks ,bricks and cement feckin everywhere and another thing that drives me bonkers is they never ever leave a decent sized puddy hole then moan like a bitch when you crack there shoudy brickwork :nuts:

due to slips , trips and falls then my advice is dont touch it , or clear it for a nominal fee , maybe 2 men 3 hrs then the site agent jumps like hell .... if its a
s h i t hole dont touch it and charge until cleaned off correctly.......You will get the message across that i know...

a site we are on now the hoddie mixed up the muck 8-1 and and the brickies built it to the 3rd floor before anyone noticed his excuse they were only 10kg bags of cement ,
basing out the scaffold i noticed the wall was pissed , site agent comes along with a level and tape, the wall is 15mm out of plumb in 1.5 meters height , trades men my b******* any doughnut can put one brick on top of another :)

We have 30 trowels as well as scaffolders.When the brickies were earning £160 a day,not a peep out of them. Our scaffs earn £20 a day more than them now and you ought to hear the bitching and sniping.
The test is ,if our scaffs leave they WILL earn the same money elsewhere,if the brickies leave they are lucky to get another job for the same money "supply and demand"

Good enough for the wingebags they've had it easy for too long and now are just another trade using up an exhaustable natural rescource .

my favourite techniques which i perfected to a tee were to throw all the full and half bricks they left on the lift into the house the hoddy has to clear it out next pick up the boards withot tipping on bit of mortar or brick chip next clip all the inside boards then get a bucket of wet mortar and spread it on said board if it rains it leaves a mess on the wall and they get a bo@@@CKing if it doesn't they twist their ankles but the gold madal must go to my nephew who on a scaffold done in 6ft lifts with hop ups left the sleeve on a return open side down to teach the hoddy alesson as he would not wear his hard hat result two big gouges in his head requiring multiple stitches. site agents comments, that'll teach him

my favourite techniques which i perfected to a tee were to throw all the full and half bricks they left on the lift into the house the hoddy has to clear it out next pick up the boards withot tipping on bit of mortar or brick chip next clip all the inside boards then get a bucket of wet mortar and spread it on said board if it rains it leaves a mess on the wall and they get a bo@@@CKing if it doesn't they twist their ankles but the gold madal must go to my nephew who on a scaffold done in 6ft lifts with hop ups left the sleeve on a return open side down to teach the hoddy alesson as he would not wear his hard hat result two big gouges in his head requiring multiple stitches. site agents comments, that'll teach him
Dangerous, but perfecly acceptable, your to be commended on that ingenious method of training the hoddy to wear his hard hat.

Back in the old days when the brickies used to pi55 me off I would throw a handfull of nails into the mixer when no-one was looking. Used to drive them nuts and give the poor hoddie a right earfull.

Last edited:
back in the putlog days i was always accidently knocking walls down , good old excuse of wall too green or hole too small

Yep, been there and done that.........a few years ago the brickys onsite ruined our scaffold, pouring the muck over the boards, the fitttings were covered that you had to hit em with a hammer before turning the nuts, the tube totally covered in snot etc etc, three of us onsite really pissed off, we got them back mind, you see they'ed left their mixer onsite so we turned the wheel into the upright position and then all took turns to take a mighty great s.h.i.t into it:D

reg thats spot on - true scaff style

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

when we was on a big site in middlesex we was working as a subby to Frank Staddon brickwork , one of the bricky foreman gave it large to a scaff who then had a stella **** in a box of wall ties and wiped his ass on a wall drawing , that caused some grief

Flock of sparrows

Top Bottom