Breaking down a quote

Been giving the nod that we have won a large job , but the surveyor now wants a break down of price to compare like for like with the other quotes , trouble is i have included the MCD on the price as well as pricing some items higher then others

My question is to what degree would you break down a quote , would you just say x amount a meter run plus x amount hire ?

Philli
I agree with the others, tell him the minimum as it will come back to bite you

If he pushes Just give him the minimum, length x height for a minimum period of x weeks, and even cheekily ask him for a copy of others spec to compare, without their prices of course:p

Phil

Give the Direct Costs as a %

Give the Overhead as a %

Give the Profit as a %

If he asks to drill down further tell him that that information is commercially sensative. But he has enough information there. If you have anything you want to ask, just pm me

Neil

Phil

Give the Direct Costs as a %

Give the Overhead as a %

Give the Profit as a %

If he asks to drill down further tell him that that information is commercially sensative. But he has enough information there. If you have anything you want to ask, just pm me

Neil

Yeah, and your pin number, mistress phone number :idea:

Your surveyor is after finding your cheapest rate on the job and then using this to pro-rata your works across the board. Each item is priced for the your works necessary to complete the task as specified. He obviously is faced with a loss making project and is laying the ground work to reduce your final account. - He will probably tell you he knows nothing about scaffolding as well. If you are the cheapest you are in the strongest position and he will not want to lose you. give nothing away now - that is the start of the slippery slope.

Wow, alright then for the benefit of Hatterscaff

Direct Costs 63%

Overhead 35%

Profit 2%

Now, where can you take this?

The QS has learned nothing, do you think he is going to argue about the validity of these percentages?

Top Bottom