Boot on the other foot.

yer DH , if you put a DH on the last outside standard instead of a clip on the toe board , then put your stop end toe board across, the DH sticks out about a inch and a half and the stop end toe board sits inside the sides of the DH then just clip the stop end toe board to the inside standard , there is a half inch play inside the DH but it holds it fine .

hope you can understand that mate

i use them scaffy for the stop end toe board , put it on the last standard and the stop end toe board slots right into it no need for a 5 foot standard
I use the DH for the stop end toe board also Phillo, save on a dead man

You got it Brandy , i still have some of the old SGB swivels as well use them for handrails on staircases make a nice neat job

oh i get ya hence why i said did you mean a DH , them swivels ol yeh i remember them bit like the signboard clips on the frames

horrible things !!!!! Specially with the long threads

hence the long box on the old priory spanners , but they do make a great job on a tempory staircase no bolts sticking out , i have used them on a splay as well

before my time mate !!! ha ha , yeh i can see the logic in that

You got it Brandy , i still have some of the old SGB swivels as well use them for handrails on staircases make a nice neat job
Remember the SGB swivel Phillo, loved all their fittings but not the swivel, but come to think of it and never thought of it, it would be ideal for the handrails no protruding bolt.

in the war ................. think of a mills swivel , but with flat bolts orrible tings , best in the scrap bin

yeh red viking no doubt have a pic

In the right hands the SGB fittings are by far the fastest / and the strongest hence the fact that the designers are starting to use them again.You just need to have the right lads using them on price!!!!!!!!

In the right hands the SGB fittings are by far the fastest / and the strongest hence the fact that the designers are starting to use them again.You just need to have the right lads using them on price!!!!!!!!
and dont forget the long box on the spanner for the swivel.

Last edited:
band and plate the dogs,used to use the old mk1 swiv on all the tv commentary box stairs,public handrails etc hard to come by now awakward but very handy.

b&P + d/h , still the fastest fitting to erect with, still best quality, still best design, simply the best, beats all the pressed steel sh!te hands down.

yer DH , if you put a DH on the last outside standard instead of a clip on the toe board , then put your stop end toe board across, the DH sticks out about a inch and a half and the stop end toe board sits inside the sides of the DH then just clip the stop end toe board to the inside standard , there is a half inch play inside the DH but it holds it fine .

hope you can understand that mate

remember doing this on the station years ago phillios used to do it all the time
with sgb unfortunatly they dont ware it now on the stations so its more five foot dead legs more doubles more singles and the trusted podger that you had
on the station has died to and the ratchet took over good fitting though phill.

Top Bottom