Black CSCS managers card

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
I was under the impression that there was a black CISRS card for Managers. From searching google it looks like there is just Black CSCS Cards for people in a management position.

Can anybody tell me which would be the correct one that covers NVQ4 or QCF?

VLLB

Seen the black CSCS many times in scaffolding management, never seen a black CISRS... doesn't mean it doesn't exist though (but I would say it's unlikely).

i think you will need to do SMSTS course, i did this a couple of years back just been on to CSCS waiting for a reply as to which colour card to apply for

Still need to know exactly which NVQ level 4 needs to be taken that would be relevant to our current profession. The CSCS website is a little unclear. Either that or I'm being thick.

There is a level 4 in access and rigging. Its all about underpinning knowledge regarding management etc. Give Simian a call. Sorry Chris its a follow on from the Construction Site Supervision NVQ

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Level 4
Competence that involves the application of knowledge in a broad range of complex, technical or professional work activities performed in a variety of contexts and with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. Responsibility for the work of others and the allocation of resources is often present.
Level 5
Competence that involves the application of a range of fundamental principles across a wide and often unpredictable variety of contexts. Very substantial personal autonomy and often significant responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of substantial resources features strongly, as do personal accountabilities for analysis, diagnosis, design, planning, execution and evaluation

You need the level 3 then its basically an assessment of what your day to day managerial responsibilites are.

Last edited:
Not sure scaffolding counts as CSCS because we are temporary works I would love to be proved wrong because I would like my black card

Can anyone tell me where i can get gold paint to paint my part1 ticket?

Are they an NASC member as don't want to get caught out!

They must be, they get all the good jobs.

Top Bottom