best firm you worked for

benjo0211

Reaction score
was just wondering what the best company some of you guys have worked for mine was pdl of chesire not the best pay at 100 a day but good guys and treated everyone as equals

best payed job Northern Platforms and Staigings 130 a day on shut dwns up in peterhead (scotland) best job for banter Maritime scaffolding in Aberdeen only 90 a day but good times

ProPlant Scaffolding - Canary Wharf, Docklands, London: 2005.

Great money, lots of overtime and treated like tradesmen (for a change).
Worst mistake of my working life was to leave them

Last edited:
sgb-scafform dublin..money never wrong to the penny..best job ryder cup 2007..good times with a great crew of blokes.

Costains/Balfour Beatty joint venture on the Cardiff Barrage never ever will I run a job like that again. Scaffolding heaven.

This thread has been on before...... and I have had quite a few Good Ones.....at different times and different places..........but I never did mention Saxon Scaffolding from Shaftesbury...(Golden Hill...Hovis advert?).....well, that is a really happy firm, Dougie Holland is a great bloke and all the boys drink Cider......I doubt if any of them come on here.......they are in the Pub ;)

I would never have left, but I had other commitments..........it really is a happy place :bigsmile:

Globes where a great firm to work for years ago , been on my own for the last 16 years so not to up to date :)

Gatwick Airport South Terminal Departure Lounge Upgrade 1991 for Wise Plant.
Night shift couldnt start work until an hour after last plane had departed and had to be finished 2 hours before first plane. About 4 hours work a night for 160 quid, bars to have a beer in, place full of totty going on holiday, Why did it ever end????

Best firms

HB Raylor in York

SGB in Jersey and Guernsey

DSL in Harrow Road London

Great times and fond memories especially of Jersey and Guernsey :evil::evil:

SGB in Jersey and Guernsey.

Gen?
You know a bloke called Billy Cleary?
A Scouser, with a blonde 'Hulk Hogan' moustache and a big beer belly?

I worked with him a few times and he kept going on about SGB's in Jersey and how much of a good job it was.

Gen?
You know a bloke called Billy Cleary?
A Scouser, with a blonde 'Hulk Hogan' moustache and a big beer belly?

I worked with him a few times and he kept going on about SGB's in Jersey and how much of a good job it was.

I was there 1971-1976 jay only London boy i recall from that time was Peter Joslin, there was a couple of lads from Ireland and a lot of Liverpool scaffs there working for Brocken and Fitzpatrick

ProPlant Scaffolding - Canary Wharf, Docklands, London: 2005.

Great money, lots of overtime and treated like tradesmen (for a change).
Worst mistake of my working life was to leave them.

agree with the post 100%

then 2nd was vange scaffolding, cleared over £1000 a week, week in week out for a year, til they went bust :mad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom