Beam Clamps???????????

Weaverbix

Reaction score
Hello lads. Quick question, if beams clamps are used in pairs on a vertical stantion, are they load bearing and if so by how much kn?

I am on the understanding they are and to 20kn. Is this correct?

You can check them by turning another one the other way and placing it below so that the two angles meet, if you know what I mean. Don't know about load bearing capacity etc though. One for Alan Reade, I think.

Only 10kN when fixed in pairs to a column according to the SGB datasheet I have - checking them as stonedrose says will (or will not depending which engineer you talk to :confused:) double the load to 20kN.

Beamclamp is a brilent fitting..load anything ye want on it..lol..a trusted friend of an offshore scaff..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..com on you bhoys in green..

X Axis ( perpendicular application on vertical steel web ) = 10 KN...

Source : SGB Gravlok Spec Sheet, I tried to attach the spec sheet to this post, however, the Document was to large to post...

With regard to the use of check fittings on the perpendicular : personally, I would avoid this practice, electing to Design in an alternative...

ALWAYS USE IN PAIRS lol...

X Axis ( perpendicular application on vertical steel web ) = 10 KN...

Source : SGB Gravlok Spec Sheet, I tried to attach the spec sheet to this post, however, the Document was to large to post...

With regard to the use of check fittings on the perpendicular : personally, I would avoid this practice, electing to Design in an alternative...

ALWAYS USE IN PAIRS lol...

Hi Gerry, I also have bumf from Cape but do not have it with me. Will check the info when im home. Just hoped I could get a quick answer off here. Cheers Mate.

Hey John, yes I'm still offshore buddy. Where you at it? Hope all is well for you.

Not so bad mate. I was only asking this as because should there be a vibration issue here with you being off-shore, but I would be sure it would be included in the documents that would be provided.
Having a week off at the moment. No big rush to be back either as there is plenty of work about.:D

Just had a look. I've never came across the swivel versions on my travels. First I've seen it tbh.

We've a couple knocking about. I always thought they were for rmd (I think its called rmd. Like. Steels with holes in).

THE SWIVEL GRAVLOCK HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE THE MID 90S AT LEAST
HANDY FOR TIEING ACROSS STEELWORK WITH CROSS BRACING.
as with swivels the slip load of the swivel part can in my opinion be checked;)

Worked with swivel beam clamps in 92 to much play on them to hang off wi your droppers a thought..handy though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..com on you bhoys in green..

THEY ARE USED IN PAIRS AS YOU CAN KNOCK THEM OFF IF ON SINGLE
DROPPERS HAVE TO BE 300mm from the beam clamp but some state they should be hard to the clamp.
i have done jobs offshore were the design would let you put a brace back to the beamclamp.
the most common, beamclamps are called GRAVLOCKS but the SGB DEADHEAD is a favourite of mine. the SK TYPE is banned offshore and very rarely seen nowadays.;)

Top Bottom